Author Topic: Wash Post complicit in climate protests!? ‘Staff reporters were initially subjected to a potential a  (Read 120 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wash Post complicit in climate protests!? ‘Staff reporters were initially subjected to a potential arrest’ due to advance alert of crime at Fed art gallery – Fmr NYT reporter suggests WaPo guilty of ‘crimes’

WTOP: The two climate protesters who smeared paint on the case and base of Edgar Degas’ “Little Dancer Aged Fourteen” in the National Gallery of Art on April 27 were arrested Friday. Timothy Martin of North Carolina and Joanna Smith of New York, both 53, were charged with conspiracy to commit an offense against the United States and injury to a National Gallery of Art exhibit.

Washington Post reporters alerted about the attack filmed and photographed the offense. ...The Washington Post reported that it’s staff reporters were initially subjected to a potential arrest but, after speaking with attorneys, they were not detained. District police have not commented on the report. ...

The protesters are calling for President Biden to declare a formal state of climate emergency and said the sculpture was damaged to highlight “insufficient action on the climate emergency.”

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/05/28/wash-post-complicit-in-climate-protests-staff-reporters-were-initially-subjected-to-a-potential-arrest-due-to-advance-alert-of-crime-at-fed-art-gallery-fmr-nyt-reporter-suggests-wapo-guilty-of/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson