Author Topic: Fierce beast attacking Florida residents revealed as domestic cat with attitude  (Read 530 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Meee...OWWW!

Richard Luscombe in Miami
@richlusc
Sat 27 May 2023 09.00 EDT

Alerts for dangerous animals on the loose are commonplace in Florida, a state that leads the nation for escapes of wild creatures ranging from bears, lions and monkeys to snakes and tigers.

But a stalking “beast” currently terrifying residents of Suwannee county after sending two people to the emergency room in separate attacks turns out to be a domestic cat with attitude that has evaded capture for almost a week, officials have said.

Deputies from the Suwannee county sheriff’s office have laid traps for the fractious feline but have so far failed to make an arrest. Instead, the office’s animal control unit is advising the public to be “mindful of the feral cat or any other animals in the area that present signs of rabies”.

According to a post on Sheriff Sam St John’s Facebook page: “During two separate incidents, residents exercising and walking on 174th Street were attacked by a feral cat. Both residents received injuries serious enough that they had to seek medical treatment at local hospitals.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/may/27/cat-attacks-florida
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

Other than eyes, what could a cat do that would require a hospital?

LOL! Must not be no rednecks there. Cats can be punted.