Author Topic: Memorial Day  (Read 422 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Memorial Day
« on: May 28, 2023, 04:04:02 pm »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Memorial Day
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 09:18:26 pm »
 :patriot:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2023, 09:56:19 pm »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2023, 10:11:33 pm »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2023, 10:17:05 pm »
Do you say 'Happy Memorial Day'? Why some military families wish you wouldn't
Military family members share why the somber holiday is one of the most painful days of the year and should not be marked by celebratory wishes.

Mary McHugh mourns her slain fiance Sgt. James Regan at "Section 60" of the Arlington National Cemetery.

more
https://www.today.com/parents/parents/happy-memorial-day-rcna27365
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2023, 10:58:29 pm »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2023, 08:00:15 pm »
Poll: Importance of Memorial Day ‘Rated Higher Than Ever’

While Americans consistently rank Christmas as the most important holiday, followed by the Fourth of July, the importance of Memorial Day is “rated higher than ever,” Rasmussen Reports found.

More than half of American adults (51 percent) consider Memorial Day, which is for honoring those who have died while serving in the U.S. military, as one of the nation’s most important holidays. That percentage is up from 47 percent last year and is the highest percentage recorded since Rasmussen began asking about Memorial Day.

Thirty-seven percent of those polled say Memorial Day is “somewhere in between” and a small 7 percent say it is one of the nation’s least important holidays.

Rasmussen Reports surveyed 1,086 American adults between May 16-18 with a ±3 percent margin of error at the 95 percent confidence level. Of those respondents, 18 percent report having served in the U.S. military, while 80 percent have not. Forty percent of respondents say they have close friends or relatives who gave their lives while serving in the military.

“Memorial Day has a greater importance to Americans who have served in the military, 79 percent of whom rate it as one of our nation’s most important holidays, compared to 47 percent who have not been in the military,” according to the poll report.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/29/poll-importance-memorial-day-rated-higher-than-ever/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34