Author Topic: US troops who lost their lives in WWII honored in France  (Read 97 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US troops who lost their lives in WWII honored in France
« on: May 28, 2023, 02:06:37 pm »
US troops who lost their lives in WWII honored in France
By MICHAEL ABRAMS
STARS AND STRIPES • May 28, 2023

BUY PHOTO

ST. AVOLD, France – American and French citizens paid tribute Sunday to the 10,481 people buried at Lorraine American Cemetery and to mark Memorial Day at the largest World War II cemetery in Europe.

The ceremony in the rolling hills of eastern France was hosted by the American Battle Monuments Commission, which runs the cemetery and is marking its centennial, and drew hundreds of people.

Active-duty participants from the Army, Navy and Air Force and cadets from the Stuttgart High School Army Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps program participated in the ceremony that featured speeches, a wreath laying, a flyover by a C-130 aircraft, firing of volleys and the playing of taps.

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/europe/2023-05-28/memorial-day-lorraine-american-cemetery-10261304.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson