Author Topic: Dade Phelan Targets Trump’s Top Lawyer With Illegal Impeachment  (Read 345 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  Cary Cheshire May 26, 2023

Phelan is expanding his war on conservatives by launching an illegal impeachment of Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton.

Just days after Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton demanded Texas House Speaker Dade Phelan resign from office for being drunk on the job, Phelan’s lieutenants have announced plans to illegally impeach him.

On Thursday, General Investigating Committee Chairman Andrew Murr (R–Kerrville) filed an impeachment resolution against Paxton with 20 articles of impeachment with charges dating as far back as 2002.

Elected attorney general in 2014, Paxton has been an outspoken conservative—often leading coalitions of state attorneys general against the Obama and Biden administrations, defending the state’s pro-life and pro-family laws, and supporting the policies of President Donald Trump.

Paxton even took a case contesting the 2020 election to the U.S. Supreme Court—a move that drew sharp criticism from Texas Democrats who sought to defund his office and even initiated complaints against him with the Texas State Bar.

Unabashedly pro-Trump, Paxton had the support of the former president in his recent re-election campaign and already endorsed Trump in his current presidential campaign.

Numerous sources say Paxton is one of Trump’s top allies, but Trump doesn’t hold Phelan in high regard. Just last month, Trump blasted Phelan’s property tax relief plan and called him “California Dade.” Those comments came two years after Trump bashed Phelan by comparing him to Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and accused him of having “weak RINO leadership.”

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/dade-phelan-targets-trumps-top-lawyer-with-illegal-impeachment/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Dade Phelan Targets Trump’s Top Lawyer With Illegal Impeachment
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 02:18:11 pm »
Only way a Republican can win in Jefferson County Texas, is going full blown frontal RINO.  From my scuttlebutt, this little pr*ck is a POS, and can not be trusted under any circumstance.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2023, 02:26:05 pm »
Only way a Republican can win in Jefferson County Texas, is going full blown frontal RINO.  From my scuttlebutt, this little bleep is a POS, and can not be trusted under any circumstance.

The ghost of Walter Umphries looms large in Jefferson County to this day.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2023, 03:53:43 pm »
Elton John - I've Seen That Movie Too (1973) With Lyrics!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmPf97rgoU4

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.