Author Topic: First four AVPs to earn their “Wings of Gold”  (Read 108 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
First four AVPs to earn their “Wings of Gold”
« on: May 28, 2023, 02:02:06 pm »
First four AVPs to earn their “Wings of Gold”
Posted on May 26, 2023 by alert5

In a historic moment for Naval Aviation, the first four Air Vehicle Pilots (AVPs) have successfully completed their rigorous training and earned their prestigious “Wings of Gold.” These exceptional individuals have paved the way for a new era of aviation, combining the strengths of manned and unmanned platforms.

U.S. Navy Photo by Ensign Elias Kaser

The path to becoming an AVP is no easy feat. These individuals underwent a comprehensive training program under the supervision of Chief of Naval Air Training (CNATRA), Rear Adm. Richard Brophy. The training includes primary, intermediate, and advanced AVP training syllabi.

Their training began with the Naval Introductory Flight Evaluation (NIFE), where they honed their foundational aviation skills. Following this, they entered the Primary Naval Air Vehicle Pilot Training System (NAVPTS), utilizing T-6B Texan II simulators. Here, they learned the basics of aviation and gained an appreciation for the operation of traditional manned platforms.

As the AVPs progressed through intermediate and advanced NAVPTS, they received specialized training focused on operating the MQ-25 Stingray. Utilizing Multi-Crew Simulators (MCS), they developed mission-specific skills and tactics. These simulators provided realistic scenarios, blending fleet-derived sensors and adversarial challenges, ensuring their readiness for the demands of their future roles.

https://alert5.com/2023/05/26/first-four-avps-to-earn-their-wings-of-gold/#more-97582
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: First four AVPs to earn their “Wings of Gold”
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 02:02:55 pm »
They also had to pass rigorous testing in CRT and pronouns! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson