Author Topic: New Footage Shows F-117 Stealth Fighter Can’t Stay Retired  (Read 159 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Footage Shows F-117 Stealth Fighter Can’t Stay Retired
Photos have circulated this week of a pair of United States Air Force F-117 stealth fighter jets taking part in an exercise in Alaska.

ByPeter SuciuPublished15 seconds ago

The F-117 Just Won’t Go Retire – Photos have circulated this week of a pair of United States Air Force F-117 stealth fighter jets taking part in an exercise in Alaska.

Though the aircraft has been largely retired from service, Congress had ordered that all F-117s mothballed after September 2006 were maintained so that they could be returned to service – and clearly, even after all these years, the F-117 Nighthawk can soar.

The F-117’s Wings Haven’t Been Clipped
The two aircraft arrived at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska, to take part in the Northern Edge 23-1 exercises that ran from May 4 to May 19.

The Nighthawks joined the five ships and more than 150 aircraft that were involved in the joint and combined training exercise, which was sponsored by the U.S. Indo-Pacific Command and led by Headquarters Pacific Air Forces. It serves to integrate land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace domains for joint, interagency, and multinational training.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2023/05/new-footage-shows-f-117-stealth-fighter-cant-stay-retired/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson