Author Topic: Chinese Hacking Groups Are A Clear Threat To America  (Read 110 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chinese Hacking Groups Are A Clear Threat To America
« on: May 28, 2023, 01:42:16 pm »
 Chinese Hacking Groups Are A Clear Threat To America

ByJohn Rossomando
Published22 seconds ago

A state-sponsored Chinese hacking group called Volt Typhoon penetrated critical U.S. computer networks throughout the continental U.S. and Guam. The group was reportedly able to steal sensitive electronic credentials and data while remaining largely undetectable.

Microsoft announced in a blog post on Wednesday that Volt Typhoon has been active since at least 2021. Espionage and information gathering are among its primary missions.

The company noted that it believed the hackers are developing “capabilities that could disrupt critical communications infrastructure between the United States and the Asia region during future crises.”

The hackers reportedly stayed near-undetectable by using compromised internet gateway devices, including routers manufactured by ASUS, Cisco, D-Link, NETGEAR, and Zyxel.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2023/05/chinese-hacking-groups-are-a-clear-threat-to-america/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson