Author Topic: HSI Arizona and partners seize substantial amounts of deadly drugs during 2-month surge  (Read 114 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MAY 25, 2023PHOENIX, AZNARCOTICS
HSI Arizona and partners seize substantial amounts of deadly drugs during 2-month surge

PHOENIX, Ariz. — Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Office of Field Operations’ (OFO) Tucson Field Office, and Border Patrol’s Tucson and Yuma Sectors announced the results of drug interdiction operations along the border and throughout the state of Arizona from March 6 through May 8. HSI and OFO’s Operation Blue Lotus, along with the U.S. Border Patrol’s Four Horsemen operation, seized substantial amounts of methamphetamine and interdicted more than a ton of fentanyl.

“The success of this initiative is largely attributed to the federal, state and local partners that spent countless hours not just by responding to port calls but assisting HSI with seizures throughout Arizona,” said HSI Arizona Special Agent in Charge Scott Brown. “Drugs, but especially fentanyl, are decimating communities. But together and with education, we all can make a significant impact in curbing the senseless deaths associated with the sale of these deadly drugs. I thank every agent, officer, trooper and anyone else that stood alongside HSI throughout the surge to support many of our efforts.”

Numerous county attorneys’ offices are prosecuting cases tied to the operation. Drug cases referred federally for prosecution include the following:

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/hsi-arizona-and-partners-seize-substantial-amounts-deadly-drugs-during-2-month-surge
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson