Author Topic: Offshore windmills will cost Cape May, NJ, $1B in tourism revenue – report  (Read 162 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

filed:  May 26, 2023 • New Jersey
Offshore windmills will cost Cape May, NJ, $1B in tourism revenue – report 
Credit:  Eric Scott | Published: May 26, 2023 | nj1015.com ~~

Translate:  FROM English | TO English

Cape May County Commissioners have unanimously passed a resolution opposed to offshore wind projects and vow to continue to fight the installation of wind mills off the coast.

A report supporting the resolution claims the windmills will cost Cape May County more than $1.1 billion in lost tourism revenue and will have a devastating impact on food service, hospitality, retail, rental housing and other segments of the local economy.

Wind developer Orsted, the report claims, has admitted 15% of tourists will not return to Cape May once its windmill project is completed and that its turbines will be visible from every beach in Cape May County.

Cape May County Board of Commissioners Director Len Desiderio said in a statement that the county had been trying to work with Orsted to try and mitigate the negative impacts of the Ocean Wind One offshore wind generation facilities project, but “as time went by, it became clear that Orsted was not interested in finding any compromise.”

https://www.wind-watch.org/news/2023/05/26/offshore-windmills-will-cost-cape-may-nj-1b-in-tourism-revenue-report/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson