Author Topic: Professors: The Entire Fossil Fuel Industry Must Be ‘Euthanized’ To Save Humanity From Warmth  (Read 419 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Professors: The Entire Fossil Fuel Industry Must Be ‘Euthanized’ To Save Humanity From Warmth
By Kenneth Richard on 25. May 2023

Two University of Michigan professors insist we “must reduce the emission of greenhouse gases to zero” to stabilize the planet’s temperature. But because 80% of our energy use still comes from carbon-based sources today, “ending it will not be easy.” The death of all fossil fuel industry must be imposed, euthanasia-style.

It has now reached the point that academic elites are no longer concealing their real inclinations and intentions in massaged semantics or subtleties.

Two US business professors argue that the looming climate catastrophe (which they believe has been caused solely by human greenhouse gas emissions) necessitates that “the shape and structure of modern capitalism will have to be changed.”

No more roads. No more plastic or steel  or electronic products. No more air travel. All the industries that use petroleum products of any kind, no matter how essential, must end this practice, effective immediately. Fossil fuel use must be 100% eliminated.

https://notrickszone.com/2023/05/25/professors-the-entire-fossil-fuel-industry-must-be-euthanized-to-save-humanity-from-warmth/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
"The cost to get to zero greenhouse gas emissions? Estimates range from $100 to $150 trillion over the next 30 years."

When you've done enough nose candy, money is no object. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Has anyone checked to see if they have electricity running to their lodgings?

Water,because it does require electricity to pump water.

Heat or air-conditioning? Being in Michigan AC probable isn't much of an issue,but heat sure is.

How about their classrooms,are they heat,cooled,and have lights?

Do they drive to school,or do they ride bicycles or walk? IF they ride bicycles,how do they plan on replacing chains,tires,sprockets,seats,etc,etc,etc once they get worn out or damaged.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

The complete elimination of petroleum, natural gas and coal as fuel and for other products from our lives would cause countless deaths. I realize the left doesn't care about human life, but this idiotic climate scam really must stop.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Or, to put it another way:
PhillyGodfather ® Sports Bettor
@phillygodfather
For all the youngsters out there that are full of emotion let me educate you guys on the Propaganda from the Democrats over the years

In the 60s they said we're going to run out of oil in 15 years.

In the 70s they were threatening an ice age coming and no oil in 15 years to heat ourselves.

In the 80s they added ACID rain will kill all crops in the next decade

In the 90s the ozone layer will be gone in 10 years

In 2000 all the ice caps will be gone in 10 years and it may never snow again.

Stop falling for the bullshit kids.

Fear sells and they're scamming your ass kids
9:10 AM · May 28, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

Total bullshit, and doing so would not change the planet's temperature one bit because, quite frankly, it is supposed to be warming up.  We are still in a technical ice age, and the planet is still significantly colder than it has been on a geologic time scale.  Simple regression to the mean says it should be warming up.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How about we 'euthanize' the Climate Panic Industry (yes, it is an industry).

Here is a list of all the useful things it has produced:

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis