Author Topic: Killer whales teaching their young to attack ships in Europe, witnesses claim  (Read 1692 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@sneakypete

That's right... This is one of the places I really depart from what science supposes...
I think ALL creatures, great and small, possess a nephesh (close to spirit, soul), and with it, an intellect. Some different than others, some greater than others, but it's there.

Native Americans are closer to the truth on this than science.
Just in my interactions with domestic and wild critters, I agree.
Why we always gave thanks to The Creator and the animal for feeding us.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Just in my interactions with domestic and wild critters, I agree.
Why we always gave thanks to The Creator and the animal for feeding us.

It makes a big difference when you are hunting or slaughtering, and that animal is in your sights... You know you're taking life - REAL life, every bit the same as ours. There is something sacred in that, not to be messed with lightly...

Except for gophers... and coyotes.  :laugh:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It makes a big difference when you are hunting or slaughtering, and that animal is in your sights... You know you're taking life - REAL life, every bit the same as ours. There is something sacred in that, not to be messed with lightly...

@roamer_1

No different than taking out human criminals,other than not getting arrested for doing it.

Life is life to my way of thinking,and you NEVER take a life "just because you can".
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 01:41:39 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

No different than taking out human criminals,other than not getting arrested for doing it.

Life is life to my way of thinking,and you NEVER take a life "just because you can".

@sneakypete

Right. Except gophers... and coyotes... And maybe coons.  happy77

Online Smokin Joe

Vermin can be dispassionately dispatched, just like swatting a fly.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

@roamer_1

There are more times I have not taken the shot, than times I have.  Similarly, every time I let a less desirable fish go, sometimes taking great pains to remove the hook without doing major damage, I recall hearing "Go back. It is not yet your time.".

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
There are more times I have not taken the shot, than times I have.  Similarly, every time I let a less desirable fish go, sometimes taking great pains to remove the hook without doing major damage, I recall hearing "Go back. It is not yet your time.".

@Smokin Joe

Things like this is what separates a NORMAL human from an animal.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!