Author Topic: Ex-Trump Lawyer Files $67 Million Lawsuit Against Former Jan. 6 Committee  (Read 535 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Conservative Brief by Jon Dougherty May 23, 2023

Stefan Passantino, a lawyer from Washington, D.C., who provided representation for ex-White House staffer Cassidy Hutchinson during her testimony before the Jan. 6 House Select Committee, has filed a lawsuit against the committee, accusing it of damaging his professional reputation and causing harm to his career.

Passantino submitted a Federal Tort Claims Act Complaint amounting to $67 million against the congressional panel, alleging that the committee deliberately created and propagated a false narrative about him, intentionally interfered with his attorney-client relationship, and neglected his civil rights to advance a political agenda targeting former President Donald Trump.

“Liz Cheney and her collaborators on the January 6th Committee decided to peddle a false tale about Mr. Passantino and his relationship with his client without any regard for the truth or whether they were destroying the reputation of a good man; a reputation built over decades,” Passantino’s attorney, Jesse Binnall, said in a statement.

Per the complaint, the committee is accused of engaging in unauthorized communications with Hutchinson, without the knowledge or consent of Passantino, thus violating the sanctity of the attorney-client relationship. The complaint further alleges that these communications contributed to the creation of a “false narrative” that was then propagated to news outlets by a lawmaker or congressional staff member acting “outside of the scope of their legislative function.”

Hutchinson, who worked as an assistant to Mark Meadows during his tenure as Trump’s last White House chief of staff, emerged as the central witness for the Jan. 6 Committee. During her testimony, she alleged that Trump had attempted to commandeer the presidential limousine to drive himself to the election protests.

However, several of her claims, which were based on third-party discussions, were quickly discredited when her sources publicly denied her account of the events, the news outlet reported further.

More: https://conservativebrief.com/ex-trump-72538/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
What a deal! If he wins the taxpayers are on the hook for another $67 Million and the perps get nothing at all.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What a deal! If he wins the taxpayers are on the hook for another $67 Million and the perps get nothing at all.
That's the problem. The perps KNOWINGLY did this, they should get the screws put to them, not the taxpayers, many of whom objected to this crap.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis