Author Topic: VP Harris allegedly silent on plea from world's former 'murder capital' as leaders offer US migrant  (Read 121 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
VP Harris allegedly silent on plea from world's former 'murder capital' as leaders offer US migrant advice
Peter Aitken
Wed, May 24, 2023 at 1:15 PM EDT·7 min read

FIRST ON FOX — El Salvador has reported a drop in crime and a decrease in migration out of the country after years of bearing the title "the murder capital" of the world, the country’s vice president told Fox News Digital.

"We are very clear exactly what is our policy regarding enforcing immigration," Salvadoran Vice President Félix Ulloa told Fox News Digital. "President [Nayib] Bukele has been clear from the very beginning. This is not a problem of the United States only: This is our problem."

"We don’t want to hide the problem," Ulloa added. "We won’t try to put the trash under the carpet. We will face the problem. This is a problem that has been created for and by the exclusion — social, economic exclusion — and boosted by the violence in the community. So we have to deal with that."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/vp-harris-allegedly-silent-plea-171505209.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson