Author Topic: SCOTUS KILLS WOTUS: Enormous Setback for Obama Era EPA Power Grab  (Read 153 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SCOTUS KILLS WOTUS: Enormous Setback for Obama Era EPA Power Grab
17 hours ago Charles Rotter 82 Comments
Enormous setback for the fanatics at the EPA who would regulate ever puddle or ditch they could find.

A couple of hours ago the following headline went out.

Supreme Court rules against EPA in environmental case, limiting agency’s power over water

Now that the REEES are being heard the headline of the story has been changed to:

‘Significant repercussions.’ Supreme Court limits government power to curb water pollution

From USA Today via MSN

WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court on Thursday sided with a couple who have been battling the Environmental Protection Agency for more than a decade over a plan to develop a property in the Idaho panhandle, a decision with potentially sweeping national ramifications for water quality, agriculture and development.

The case, which was centered on the scope of the 1972 Clean Water Act, was arguably the most important environmental decision the Supreme Court has handed down since a majority last year invalidated an EPA effort to regulate power plant emissions. The plaintiffs asked the court to provide a clearer definition for what the law meant when it gave the agency power to regulate the “waters of the United States.”

In an opinion written by Justice Samuel Alito and joined by four other conservative justices, the court limited the scope of the EPA’s ability to control wetland pollution.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/05/25/scotus-kills-wotus-enormous-setback-for-obama-era-epa-power-grab/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson