Author Topic: ‘Logistics, Logistics, Logistics’ is Now Marines’ Top Focus, Says CMC Berger  (Read 96 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 ‘Logistics, Logistics, Logistics’ is Now Marines’ Top Focus, Says CMC Berger
By: John Grady
May 24, 2023 3:59 PM

Marines with Combat Logistics Battalion 4, Combat Logistics Regiment 3, pilot a combat rubber raiding craft en route to Kin Blue during a Bushido Resupply at Camp Schwab, Okinawa, Japan, May 22, 2023. US Marine Corps Photo

The Pentagon needs to make the most progress in logistics to counter China, Marine Corps commandant Gen. David Berger said Tuesday.

“My focus is logistics, logistics, logistics,” he said at the Brooking Institution event. In the past, “we haven’t needed to protect our lines” of supply and communication. The Marine Corps’s need to be “more naval …. [lighter], more distributed” was a key lesson learned from war games that he participated in when Adm. Harry Harris served as commander of U.S. Pacific Command.

The games showed that “even our prepositioning posture was built for a different time,” Berger said. The war games highlighted the need for an alternative to a land-based force.

https://news.usni.org/2023/05/24/logistics-logistics-logistics-is-now-marines-top-focus-says-cmc-berger
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 02:03:50 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Navy's top priority is an eco-friendly military and since Marines are part of the Navy, it had better be part of the eco movement. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson