Author Topic: Illinois May Allow Windmills in Lake Michigan  (Read 320 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illinois May Allow Windmills in Lake Michigan
« on: May 25, 2023, 01:44:04 pm »
Illinois May Allow Windmills in Lake Michigan

Heartland Author
May 22, 2023

By Kevin Bessler
(The Center Square) – Windmills currently dominate the landscape across many parts of Illinois, but now you may see them from the shores of Lake Michigan.

Senate Bill 193 is moving through the General Assembly and would create offshore wind.

“In order to do wind energy, you have to have a plan, so this lays out a pilot to start the process of developing wind energy not just on land but also our waters,” said State Rep. Marcus Evans, D-Chicago, the bill’s chief sponsor.

Proponents say it will create thousands of clean energy jobs and put Illinois one step closer to meeting goals set out in the Climate & Equitable Jobs Act. Those jobs would be offered to underserved residents.

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2023/05/illinois-may-allow-windmills-in-lake-michigan/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Illinois May Allow Windmills in Lake Michigan
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 02:49:25 pm »
Do they realize that Lake Michigan can freeze in Winter, and that the Windmills made be subject to structure-compromising stresses from ice?

... I'm just saying.  You don't see offshore windmills in areas where the ocean freezes during the Winter.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 02:54:51 pm »
Do they realize that Lake Michigan can freeze in Winter, and that the Windmills made be subject to structure-compromising stresses from ice?

... I'm just saying.  You don't see offshore windmills in areas where the ocean freezes during the Winter.
You didn't expect them to figure that out on their own, did you?

Every year, in brackish water (tidewater) we'd see piers and duck blinds taken out by ice.

The Great Lakes have virtually no salinity compared to that, and a much larger area in a far colder climate. But in lalaland, stupid is king.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 03:13:57 pm »

Freezes hard. Pretty, but definitely won't be good for windmills.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2023, 08:21:57 pm »
Freezes hard. Pretty, but definitely won't be good for windmills.
Not come Spring...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis