Author Topic: Criminal cases for killing eagles decline as wind turbine dangers grow  (Read 213 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
filed:  May 24, 2023 • U.S., Wyoming
Criminal cases for killing eagles decline as wind turbine dangers grow 
Credit:  Matthew Brown and Camille Fassett | May 17, 2023 | apnews.com ~~

Criminal cases brought by U.S. wildlife officials for killing or harming protected bald and golden eagles dropped sharply in recent years, even as officials ramped up issuing permits that will allow wind energy companies to kill thousands of eagles without legal consequence.

The falloff in enforcement of eagle protection laws – which has accelerated under President Joe Biden – was revealed in U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service data obtained by The Associated Press.

It comes amid growing concern that a proliferation of wind turbines to feed a growing demand for renewable energy is jeopardizing golden eagle populations already believed to be declining in some areas.

Dozens of permits approved or pending would allow roughly 6,000 eagles to be killed over several decades, government documents show. Most permits are for wind farms, and more than half the killed birds would be golden eagles.

https://www.wind-watch.org/news/2023/05/24/criminal-cases-for-killing-eagles-decline-as-wind-turbine-dangers-grow/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Global Climate Change warriors, bro ... eagles gotta die to save Mother Gaia.

We are building windmills farms to save the Earth for future generations of birds to be killed by windmills.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Eagles... whales...and humans... sacrificed to the gaia "god" of greenunism.