Author Topic: Newsom pressured to tap black woman to replace deteriorating Feinstein; Oprah reportedly on short li  (Read 609 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Newsom pressured to tap black woman to replace deteriorating Feinstein; Oprah reportedly on short list
May 25, 2023 | Chris Donaldson

California Governor Gavin Newsom may have boxed himself in if ailing Democrat Senator Dianne Feinstein retires after he vowed to appoint a woman of color if the seat opened up, and in the current racially charged environment, he will be under intense pressure to deliver or face backlash from black residents who are already perturbed over his waffling on reparations payments.

With disgraced former House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff (R-Calif.) being the preferred choice of Speaker Emeritus Nancy Pelosi, who still wields enormous clout, Newsom could look to an unconventional choice with practically unrivaled star power who would appease black voters and stifle critics, entertainment mogul Oprah Winfrey.

The 89-year-old Feinstein finally returned to the Senate two weeks ago as demands from members of her own party for her to hang it up were growing in volume, including from opinion leader Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY). But she was clearly not in good shape, reportedly not even realizing that she had been gone and leading to calls of elder abuse, and lawmakers like Rep. Ro Khanna (R-Calif.) have continued to insist that she call it a career a month shy of her 90th birthday.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/05/25/newsom-pressured-to-tap-black-woman-to-replace-deteriorating-feinstein-oprah-reportedly-on-short-list-1362095/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

We already have enough senators shouting, "You get a car! You get a smartphone! You get free college!"
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Being Cali, whoever's appointed will be a woke nutcase, so that's a universal constant. But they will also have zero seniority and low rank so it's relatively inconsequential.

Denying Full of Schiff the seat will be reward enough.
The Republic is lost.

Offline PeteS in CA

1. Schifftyroo vs. The Race-Baiters ... :lotsosmileys: it's Blue-on-Blue! :pop41:

2. Does Oprah live within half a continent of California, let alone know much about matters outside of Hollyweird?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

Does Oprah live within half a continent of California, let alone know much about matters outside of Hollyweird?
She has quite a few houses mansions. I have no idea where she spends most of her time, though.

Online mountaineer

Logan Ratick
@Logan_Ratick
Oprah's spokeswoman threw cold water on the idea that Winfrey could make a foray into politics, saying she “is not considering the seat should it become vacant.”
L.A. Times: Would Oprah Replace Dianne Feinstein in the U.S. Senate? Her rep says no

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Is it just me? Or is "Newsom pressured to tap black woman" a poor choice of words?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We already have enough senators shouting, "You get a car! You get a smartphone! You get free college!"
:yowsa: THIS!pointing-up
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
And making others pay for the free shit they 'give' away.