Author Topic: CNN Publishes Blatantly False Claim That Wildfires Are Linked To Fossil Fuel Use  (Read 223 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ANTHONY WATTS ON MAY 24, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

CNN Publishes Blatantly False Claim That Wildfires Are Linked To Fossil Fuel Use

cnn headlineA May 16, 2023, article by CNN reporter Rachel Ramirez titled, “More than a third of the area charred by wildfires in Western North America can be traced back to fossil fuels, scientists find” claims that fossil fuel companies are directly responsible for a third of wildfires in the Western U.S. and Canada.

This claim is easily disproven by real-world data. Data show no correlation between wildfire acreage burned and CO2 produced from the burning of fossil fuel products. [emphasis, links added]

The CNN article references a questionable study from the Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) – a politically oriented climate activist organization that by their own admission says: “We use science to make change happen.”

For the UCS science is not a tool to produce knowledge, but rather a lever for political change.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/cnn-publishes-blatantly-false-claim-that-wildfires-are-linked-to-fossil-fuel-use/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

We are having a dry spring after a record snowfall winter. Wildfires are a natural part of the landscape.

So, if we didn’t have fossil fuels, we would not have wildfires? This is how absurd the climate change religion is becoming.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy