Author Topic: Handicapping Trump versus DeSantis faceoff  (Read 358 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Handicapping Trump versus DeSantis faceoff
« on: May 24, 2023, 06:49:25 pm »

Nixonian paranoid introvert with weak social skills will not defeat ex-president

By Peter Navarro - - Tuesday, May 23, 2023

OPINION:

The Great Never Trump Hope is finally throwing his boxing gloves into the 2024 presidential ring. Here’s how Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis will try to knock out the greatest counterpuncher in American politics.

Mr. DeSantis will first try to claim Mr. Trump can’t win. While Mr. Trump decisively beats both President Biden and Mr. DeSantis in national polls, look out for DeSantis-friendly pollsters showing Mr. DeSantis taking key battlegrounds like Arizona, Georgia and Wisconsin, and these misleading polls will be gleefully disseminated by the Never Trump media — from CNN, MSNBC and Fox News to ABC, CBS and NBC.

As a counterpunch, Mr. Trump will urge his supporters (particularly disaffected Fox News viewers) to move to more MAGA-friendly outlets such as Newsmax, which just pushed past CNN in prime time, Real America’s Voice (home to former Trump adviser Steve Bannon) and One America’s News.

Mr. DeSantis will also try to pose as a MAGA populist — he is already being tutored by a disgruntled ex-Trump staffer. Mr. Trump need not really counterpunch here as his MAGA base knows you can tell a politician by the company he keeps.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/may/23/handicapping-trump-versus-desantis-faceoff/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Handicapping Trump versus DeSantis faceoff
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 06:58:33 pm »

Nixonian paranoid introvert with weak social skills will not defeat ex-president

By Peter Navarro - - Tuesday, May 23, 2023

OPINION:

The Great Never Trump Hope is finally throwing his boxing gloves into the 2024 presidential ring. Here’s how Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis will try to knock out the greatest counterpuncher in American politics.

Mr. DeSantis will first try to claim Mr. Trump can’t win. While Mr. Trump decisively beats both President Biden and Mr. DeSantis in national polls, look out for DeSantis-friendly pollsters showing Mr. DeSantis taking key battlegrounds like Arizona, Georgia and Wisconsin, and these misleading polls will be gleefully disseminated by the Never Trump media — from CNN, MSNBC and Fox News to ABC, CBS and NBC.

As a counterpunch, Mr. Trump will urge his supporters (particularly disaffected Fox News viewers) to move to more MAGA-friendly outlets such as Newsmax, which just pushed past CNN in prime time, Real America’s Voice (home to former Trump adviser Steve Bannon) and One America’s News.

Mr. DeSantis will also try to pose as a MAGA populist — he is already being tutored by a disgruntled ex-Trump staffer. Mr. Trump need not really counterpunch here as his MAGA base knows you can tell a politician by the company he keeps.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/may/23/handicapping-trump-versus-desantis-faceoff/

Damn.  You can use Trump's own words trashing the company he kept to trash Trump himself.  That's quite a trick.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 10:40:23 pm »
Title:
"Handicapping Trump versus DeSantis faceoff"

Trump/DeSantis is going to be like Ron Reagan challenging Gerald Ford in 1976.

DeSantis will take his swings and make his points, but in the end it's going to become obvious that it's "not quite his time" yet.

Regardless of whether Mr. Trump wins or loses (and the odds are tipped against him, as they would be tipped even worse against Mr. DeSantis)...

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 10:44:06 pm »
And that may very well be the case, and the general election will end up being akin to 1976 as well, i.e., a win for the dem.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 10:45:09 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2023, 10:46:13 pm »
And that may very well be the case, and the general election will end up being akin to 1976 as well, i.e., a win for the dem.

At this point, this looks like the most likely scenario. Which is why it’s imperative to take the Senate in 2024
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2023, 10:50:36 pm »
Foolishness. DeSantis is no populist... And he will lose support trying to be.
DeSantis is TEA.

Guarantees Tumpy is out to get him
Guaranteed the moderate NEOCONS are out to get him (See Gingrich)...

Everyone will help to put DeSantis in a political grave.

Except Conservatives.

So here we are again, again.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2023, 12:13:32 am »
Title:
"Handicapping Trump versus DeSantis faceoff"

Trump/DeSantis is going to be like Ron Reagan challenging Gerald Ford in 1976.

DeSantis will take his swings and make his points, but in the end it's going to become obvious that it's "not quite his time" yet.

Regardless of whether Mr. Trump wins or loses (and the odds are tipped against him, as they would be tipped even worse against Mr. DeSantis)...

@Fishrrman

The "odds" are tipped against BOTH Trump and DeSantis. The DNC OWNS the votes thanks to their control over vote counting in several prominent states.

Or,more correctly,the Global Bankers that own the DNC and their RINO accomplices already own America.

If something isn't done about how our electoral system is being controlled by people who hate America and even the idea of America,it's "Game OVER!"

I'm not even sure it is possible to correct the system at this late date. Yeah,SOME districts in remote areas that don't "count" will still have fair voting systems,but there won't be enough of them to outvote the corruption of places like the Left Coast,The upper East Coast,Chicago,and every other large city or populaces,and make no mistake  about it,it IS absolute control they are after.

It is tempting  to  write that it is ironic the US SEEMS to be going Communist at the same time that Soviet Russia seems to be going into another revolution,but the truth is the Communists in the system will be some of the first people executed or sent to labor camps once the globalists take control.

What I see actually happening is a globalist board based somewhere like Geneva  with local headquarters in every nation they control running the whole damn world as a giant corporation with many different branches that "headquarters" always controls with an iron fist. The people who do get to control nations like America,will be EMPLOYEES,not actual bosses,and they WILL know their "place" and that to keep their places,they MUST maintain order.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2023, 12:22:21 am »
Foolishness. DeSantis is no populist... And he will lose support trying to be.
DeSantis is TEA.

Guarantees Tumpy is out to get him
Guaranteed the moderate NEOCONS are out to get him (See Gingrich)...

Everyone will help to put DeSantis in a political grave.

Except Conservatives.

So here we are again, again.

Agreed.  DeSantis isn't a populist.  He is a conservative.  I do know that last year over 440,000 people moved into FL.  People are coming for a reason. The same reason they'll vote for DeSantis; FREEDOM!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2023, 12:52:59 am »
Agreed.  DeSantis isn't a populist.  He is a conservative.  I do know that last year over 440,000 people moved into FL.  People are coming for a reason. The same reason they'll vote for DeSantis; FREEDOM!

Here's hoping!  happy77 :beer: :patriot:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2023, 01:29:15 am »

:thumbsup: