Author Topic: Newt Gingrich: DeSantis 'didn't prove capable' of winning over GOP and 'failed to fill vacuum'  (Read 570 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Newt Gingrich: DeSantis 'didn't prove capable' of winning over GOP and 'failed to fill vacuum'
by Eden Villalovas, Breaking News Reporter |
May 23, 2023 11:09 AM

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA) questioned Gov. Ron DeSantis’s (R-FL) position in the 2024 Republican presidential race ahead of an expected campaign announcement this week.

One day after Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC) announced his presidential bid in North Charleston, South Carolina, Gingrich said on Fox News that Scott and others are “partly a function of DeSantis having failed to fill the vacuum,” noting the large number of Republicans looking for a serious party alternative besides former President Donald Trump.

Gingrich called Trump's high poll numbers, which have typically shown him leading widely over his opponents in the Republican primary, “astonishing.”

“DeSantis didn’t prove capable of reaching out to all the different elements of the party,” Gingrich said, adding his failure is a factor to why more people, like Scott, are entering the race.

“It’s terrific for the country to have Tim Scott, who is a deeply committed Christian, offering a vision of hope, of opportunity, of unifying us – I think he’s going to be one of the real stars of the next two years,” Gingrich said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/gingrich-desantis-didnt-prove-capable-winning-over-gop
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

So let's all vote for the one-term wonder who lost to Biden.  Maybe they'll give him a double-wide prison cell so he can outfit it to look like the Oval Office.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hey Newt...where's that *red wave* you bragged about for months on Fox...I'm still waiting..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Hey Newt...where's that *red wave* you bragged about for months on Fox...I'm still waiting..

:thumbsup:

Offline Idiot

:yowsa:

Offline libertybele

Newt Gingrich: DeSantis 'didn't prove capable' of winning over GOP and 'failed to fill vacuum'
by Eden Villalovas, Breaking News Reporter |
May 23, 2023 11:09 AM

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA) questioned Gov. Ron DeSantis’s (R-FL) position in the 2024 Republican presidential race ahead of an expected campaign announcement this week.

One day after Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC) announced his presidential bid in North Charleston, South Carolina, Gingrich said on Fox News that Scott and others are “partly a function of DeSantis having failed to fill the vacuum,” noting the large number of Republicans looking for a serious party alternative besides former President Donald Trump.

Gingrich called Trump's high poll numbers, which have typically shown him leading widely over his opponents in the Republican primary, “astonishing.”

“DeSantis didn’t prove capable of reaching out to all the different elements of the party,” Gingrich said, adding his failure is a factor to why more people, like Scott, are entering the race.

“It’s terrific for the country to have Tim Scott, who is a deeply committed Christian, offering a vision of hope, of opportunity, of unifying us – I think he’s going to be one of the real stars of the next two years,” Gingrich said.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://embed.air.tv/v1/iframe/IYOQst4XS4-jHFeQKc_nkg?organization=LJ10S7THQdSjR0yQuzEugw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/gingrich-desantis-didnt-prove-capable-winning-over-gop

IMHO I think he's losing his political relevance and his perspective right now is off.

DeSantis/Scott '24  :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

IMHO I think he's losing his political relevance and his perspective right now is off.

That would be a pretty awesome ticket, methinks!

:thumbsup:

Offline Idiot

I'd go for that ticket as well.

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

That would be a pretty awesome ticket, methinks!

I prefer DeSantis/Noem (or Noem/DeSantis)
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

Yes, Newt Gingrich did predict that.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline berdie

I like Newt, but his finger isn't always on the pulse of what is going on. How would anyone know that DeSantis hasn't filled a void? He is going to announce later today.

DeSantis/Scott would definitely work for me!

Offline Kamaji

@libertybele, perhaps you should contact the DeSantis campaign (now that it's official) and pitch a DeSantis/Scott ticket!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@libertybele, perhaps you should contact the DeSantis campaign (now that it's official) and pitch a DeSantis/Scott ticket!

Nah. Its too early. I want Mr. Scott to have the chance to present himself in his own campaign first.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline ScottinVA

Still waiting on Newt’s 2022 “red wave.”  How’s that coming along?

Trump may very well win the GOP primary, but once he’s out of the intramurals, he’s toast.

Offline libertybele

Nope. I'm sold on DeSantis, but I could change my mind on Scott.   Also, I'm not interested in the least in getting involved politically anymore.  Those days are over. I no longer have the health or the energy.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So let's all vote for the one-term wonder who lost to Biden.  Maybe they'll give him a double-wide prison cell so he can outfit it to look like the Oval Office.

@Kamaji

Ok,bubba,how about tell us ALL how ANYONE could have beaten Biden in that fixed election?

I,for one would like to know,because chances are the DNC and the RINO's will use the same method this time.

We are already,for all practical purposes,having "Soviet Elections". I have read that when when a senior member of the Politburo asked about the wisdom of alllowing common people to vote for their leaders,Stalin was said to have replied,"It doesn't matter who votes. What matters is who counts the votes".

BTW,it MIGHT have been Lenin instead of Stalin that said this,but it was one of them. Chemo brain has affected my memory.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

@Kamaji

Ok,bubba,how about tell us ALL how ANYONE could have beaten Biden in that fixed election?

I,for one would like to know,because chances are the DNC and the RINO's will use the same method this time.

We are already,for all practical purposes,having "Soviet Elections". I have read that when when a senior member of the Politburo asked about the wisdom of alllowing common people to vote for their leaders,Stalin was said to have replied,"It doesn't matter who votes. What matters is who counts the votes".

BTW,it MIGHT have been Lenin instead of Stalin that said this,but it was one of them. Chemo brain has affected my memory.

The losing side since 2000 has always believed that the election was rigged against them. Bush was selected, not elected, the  voting machines in Ohio switched Kerry votes to Bush votes, Obama was not a natural US citizen, Trump colluded with Russia to defeat Hillary… the excuses never end. And Hillary made wild claims about minority votes in Wisconsin and  has Stacey Abrams ever conceded the 2018 election?

We hate to lose. It’s part of our nature. We also don’t understand why people don’t see the world through our eyes.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 09:58:33 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

The losing side since 2000 has always believed that the election was rigged against them. Bush was selected, not elected, the  voting machines in Ohio switched Kerry votes to Bush votes, Obama was not a natural US citizen, Trump colluded with Russia to defeat Hillary… the excuses never end. And Hillary made wild claims about minority votes in Wisconsin and  has Stacey Abrams ever conceded the 2018 election?

We hate to lose. It’s part of our nature. We also don’t understand why people don’t see the world through our eyes.

The electoral process isn't necessary tainted, but the corruption of those tallying the votes is obvious.  We've gone from an Election Day to election weeks, mail in ballots and precinct captains that won't let the other side in.  Something needs to be done.

Offline LMAO

The electoral process isn't necessary tainted, but the corruption of those tallying the votes is obvious.  We've gone from an Election Day to election weeks, mail in ballots and precinct captains that won't let the other side in.  Something needs to be done.

And I don’t disagree with you. We definitely need to clean up our elections. My first election I voted in was in 1984 and we knew all the winners by that night.

I did an absentee ballot, but I was also in AIT for the US Army stationed in Oklahoma

Barry Goldwater

Online DefiantMassRINO

Ron DeSantis comes across as a neo-con dweeb trying too hard to be a cool kid at the Texas Taliban Jamboree.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.