Author Topic: Why Weather Events Are Not Climate. The difference between weather and climate…  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY DR. MATTHEW WIELICKI ON MAY 23, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Why Weather Events Are Not Climate
The difference between weather and climate…

Weather and climate are related but distinct concepts that refer to different aspects of the Earth’s atmospheric conditions. Here’s a breakdown of the key differences:

Weather: Weather refers to the short-term state of the atmosphere, including conditions such as temperature, precipitation, humidity, wind speed and direction, cloud cover, and atmospheric pressure. [emphasis, links added]

Weather conditions can change rapidly and are typically observed over a short period, ranging from minutes to weeks. Weather forecasts provide predictions about the expected atmospheric conditions in the near future, usually up to a few days.

Climate: Climate refers to the long-term average of weather patterns observed over a significant period, typically many decades to centuries or more.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/why-weather-events-are-not-climate/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson