Author Topic: Where 5G communications is heading for military and government  (Read 94 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Where 5G communications is heading for military and government
May 23, 2023
Jamie Whitney

View Image Gallery
The considerable U.S. investment in military technology and advancements often have been a boon for civil purposes. The T-shirt you may be wearing in the Jeep you're driving listening to your satellite navigation system directing you to camp site where you liberally apply bug spray all have their roots in solving military problems.

While also developing breakthroughs of their own, the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) also is leaning heavily on civilian advancements, and perhaps none more to a transformative degree than radio frequency (RF) and microwave technology, thanks to 5G networking capabilities.

"Historically, military technology advancements have driven civil applications; however, with 5G it is the opposite," says Dave Slack, director of engineering at Times Microwave in Wallingford, Conn. "The growing use of 5G technology in civil applications is driving the military advancements. It started with the civil applications in the information technology side and now military applications are looking for LTE feeds for anything from GPS to autonomous vehicles."

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/communications/article/14292430/where-5g-communications-is-heading-for-military-and-government-communications
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson