Author Topic: NY senator fights potential SUNY migrant housing plan  (Read 114 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NY senator fights potential SUNY migrant housing plan
« on: May 23, 2023, 01:52:51 pm »
NY senator fights potential SUNY migrant housing plan

A local New York Republican is joining the fight against housing migrants inside SUNY dorm rooms.
By WCAX News Team
Published: May. 23, 2023 at 5:33 AM EDT|Updated: 4 hours ago
PLATTSBURGH, N.Y. (WCAX) - A Northern New York lawmaker is joining the fight against housing migrants inside SUNY dorm rooms.

Republican State Sen. Dan Stec announced legislation that would block dorms from being used in that way. This comes as New York City struggles to house and handle the waves of migrants entering.

Stec said Democrats ignored the financial costs and consequences of declaring New York City a sanctuary city, and are now trying to pass the problem to other communities.

“Passing this crisis onto our taxpayers and our communities is unacceptable, which is why I’m sponsoring a bill to prohibit the use of SUNY dorms to house migrants and ensure campuses remain used for academic purposes,” said Stec, R-Queensbury.

https://www.wcax.com/2023/05/23/ny-senator-fights-potential-suny-migrant-housing-plan/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: NY senator fights potential SUNY migrant housing plan
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 01:54:58 pm »
The 'pass them on" routine is quickly making the whole country a sanctuary with full benefits. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson