Author Topic: Europe can achieve Net Zero by demolishing historic buildings and starting again, Central Bank claim  (Read 175 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Europe can achieve Net Zero by demolishing historic buildings and starting again, Central Bank claims
MAY 22, 2023
By Paul Homewood

So that’s alright then!

A top central banker has warned of the economic damage that the rush to ‘Net-Zero’ could cause, and illustrates the point by stating that deleting Europe’s architectural history would be required to achieve severe green expectations.

Among the comments made by Paolo Angelini, deputy governor of the Bank of Italy, about European Net Zero ambitions that, in his opinion, risk inflicting more harm than good, the central banker outlined the level of change that Europeans would need to satisfy those demands.

While saying pushing Europe to net zero risks destabilising the continent’s economy and undermining Europe’s ability to lead on green issues globally, the top economist made his point by revealing he’d asked his team at the Bank of Italy what would be necessary just to make the single institution that he leads compliant.

Angelini revealed the shocking response, remarking in an interview with Politico: “They told me: ‘If you allow us to tear down all our historical buildings and build energy efficient ones, then we can do it’.”

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2023/05/22/europe-can-achieve-net-zero-by-demolishing-historic-buildings-and-starting-again-central-bank-claims/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It seems like another reasonable leftist plan. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson