Author Topic: Author uses AI generators, including ChatGPT, to write nearly 100 books in less than a year  (Read 525 times)

Offline Kamaji

Author uses AI generators, including ChatGPT, to write nearly 100 books in less than a year

By Aly Grant
May 22, 2023

A science fiction author has used artificial intelligence generators, including ChatGPT, to write and illustrate nearly 100 books in less than a year.

Tim Boucher said he utilized the smart technology to publish 97 mini-novels in the last nine months.

“My goal was straightforward: To craft a series of unique, captivating ebooks, merging dystopian pulp sci-fi with compelling AI world-building,” Boucher wrote in an article for Newsweek.

“The ‘AI Lore books,’ as I’ve come to call them, are a testament to the potential of AI in augmenting human creativity.”

The author said he used AI chatbots ChatGPT and Anthropic’s Claude to help with brainstorming and text generation, while AI image generator Midjourney was used to illustrate the novels.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/22/author-uses-ai-generators-including-chatgpt-to-write-nearly-100-books-in-less-than-a-year/

Offline Kamaji

Ok, but are any of them any good?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Ok, but are any of them any good?

At around 5,000 words they are hardly a book.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley