Author Topic: Stealthy New B-21 Bomber Will Fly Unmanned Missions & Control Drones  (Read 92 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Stealthy New B-21 Bomber Will Fly Unmanned Missions & Control Drones
The question of pilotless fighter jets has been around and extensively demonstrated for years
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONMAY 20, 2023
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

(Washington DC)

Several years ago, Air Force weapons developers made clear that the B-21 will be engineered for both manned and unmanned missions, and more recently service leaders have said the B-21 will likely control drones from the air.

An Unmanned Future?
These are important and well-known developments, as autonomy, AI-enabled dogfighting, and unmanned combat has long been in development with the Pentagon.

Years ago, former Navy Secretary Ray Maybus said it seems likely the F-35C will be the last manned fighter ever to exist. This is more than likely not the case, yet few would question the growing significance of unmanned systems for survivability, forward surveillance, and even precision weapons attacks when controlled by a human.

https://warriormaven.com/air/stealthy-new-b-21-bomber-will-fly-unmanned-missions-control-drones
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
With drones, motherships and AI...what could possibly go wrong?

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis