Author Topic: Immigrants account for record-breaking percentage of US labor force: report  (Read 150 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Immigrants account for record-breaking percentage of US labor force: report
By Shannon Thaler
May 22, 2023 10:18am  Updated

Immigrants’ record share of the US labor force in 2022 was up from 2021, when people born outside the US made up 17.4% of the American workforce. It’s the highest level on record since 1996, according to the Department of Labor’s annual report on foreign-born workers released last week, which surveyed about 60,000 households monthly.

The number of foreign- and native-born people age 16 and up in the workforce totaled more than 164 million in 2022, according to the Thursday report. Of them, 29.8 million were immigrants, either working or actively seeking jobs — a 6.3% increase from the 1.8 million foreign-born workers in the US workforce in 2021.

“Hispanics continued to account for nearly one-half of the foreign-born labor force in 2022, and Asians accounted for one-quarter,” the report said, although it didn’t clarify foreign-born workers’ country of origin.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/22/immigrants-make-up-record-breaking-percentage-of-us-labor-force/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Who else is going to do the work exactly? Not native born Americans. Most don't want to work and the unemployment rate is 3.5%. Businesses around here are closing due to lack of labor.

I know I'll catch flack for saying this, but we may have to up the legal immigration rate.