Author Topic: Will We Wake Up When We’re Hungry? I & I Editorial Board  (Read 203 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Will We Wake Up When We’re Hungry?
I & I Editorial Board
May 22, 2023

It’s safe to say that at no time in human history have more people been better fed than are in our current era. So of course the left has to make sure that doesn’t continue.

John Kerry, the man who has almost perfected the art of looking down his nose at the commoners so very far beneath him, told a group of co-elitists at a recent climate summit that, in the words of a Reuters reporter, “c​​utting greenhouse gas emissions from agricultural production is essential to the global fight against climate change.”

In Kerry’s own words, he claimed “we can’t get to net zero, we don’t get this job done, unless agriculture is front and center as part of the solution.”

The special presidential envoy for climate, a job he is perfectly suited for as it requires no accomplishments, only a membership in a “​​select group of human beings” and an enormously inflated sense of self, then confused matters by declaring that “a 2-degree future could result in another 600 million people not getting enough to eat.”

“You can’t continue to warm the planet while also expecting to feed it.”

So let’s see if we have this right: The way to feed more people is to slash agriculture production?

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2023/05/22/will-we-wake-up-when-were-hungry/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Will We Wake Up When We’re Hungry? I & I Editorial Board
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 01:32:22 pm »
This is why they are pushing bugs as our new food source...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 02:36:54 pm »
IF the globe was warming at the rate they say, that would open the eminently arable land of regions too cold for some types of agriculture today. Imagine orange crops in Iowa, the fertile plains of the north open to produce crops, etc. rather than cold weather varieties, and the shift of grain farming further north into the already leveled glaciated regions of Canada and Russia. Not to mention the amount of carbon that would not be used for heating in the northern regions, simply because they were warmer...

Fantasy, but "What if" needs to be considered from more angles than just the sunbelt and coastal real estate values.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 02:41:29 pm »
Sadly we will probably have to hit rock bottom before anything substantial changes.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 11:14:43 pm »
When "Soylent Green" was released in 1973, it drew sneers from critics who questioned its premises.

Today, it seems prescient, ahead-of-its-time.

If you've never seen it, worth watching (or perhaps watching again)...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2023, 11:52:54 pm »
Sadly we will probably have to hit rock bottom before anything substantial changes.

It ain't the normalcy bias... It will be the fear of else. Americans in cities have long surrendered self sufficiency... Which means, in a word, dependency.

And from that comes fear of standing alone.