Author Topic: Thousands of non-citizens have made it onto U.S. voter rolls, watchdog warns  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Thousands of non-citizens have made it onto U.S. voter rolls, watchdog warns
In Pennsylvania alone, tens of thousands of non-citizens made it onto the state's voter rolls over decades.

By Natalia Mittelstadt
Updated: May 20, 2023 - 11:34pm

Tens of thousands of non-citizens have tried or made it onto voter rolls across the U.S. over recent years, according to an election watchdog's analysis of data from several states.

Non-citizen voters have been found on voter rolls in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas and Maricopa County, Ariz. In Georgia, there were non-citizens who attempted to register to vote but were placed in a pending status because there wasn't evidence of their citizenship, so they didn't make it onto the voter rolls.

"Pennsylvania has been covering up for years, the tens of thousands of aliens who got on the voter rolls there for 20 years," J. Christian Adams, president of the watchdog group Public Interest Legal Foundation, told "Just the News, No Noise" TV show this week, while also saying acting Pennsylvania Secretary of State Al Schmidt "knows the truth and won't tell it.”

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/tens-thousands-non-citizens-made-it-pas-voter-rolls-20-years-says
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Of course.