Author Topic: Navy establishes rapid response cell to get tech to Ukraine, Taiwan  (Read 79 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy establishes rapid response cell to get tech to Ukraine, Taiwan
By Megan Eckstein
 May 19, 01:53 PM

The Navy is creating a new organization aimed at quickly fielding maritime tools to current and potential future fights, including in Ukraine and Taiwan.

The Maritime Accelerated Response Capability Cell will receive urgent taskings from the Defense Department and work across the Navy and Marine Corps β€” including their research labs, acquisition offices, fleet warfighters and resource sponsors who can offer funding β€” to rapidly find and field a solution.

β€œThe MARCC will initially focus on Ukraine, Taiwan, and contingency support, and will have inherent flexibility to adapt to new conflicts or urgent DoD requirements and tasks,” according to the establishment memo, dated May 2 and obtained by Defense News on May 19.

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2023/05/19/navy-establishes-rapid-response-cell-to-get-tech-to-ukraine-taiwan/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson