Author Topic: China is Building Killer Robots Using Artificial Intelligence  (Read 137 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
China is Building Killer Robots Using Artificial Intelligence
Why are American companies helping them?

CHET NAGLE
MAY 18, 2023
Many of us have seen The Terminator, a 1984 film starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. It depicts an almost unstoppable robot sent back in time from 2029 to 1984. Its mission was to kill a woman whose unborn son will save humanity from Skynet, a 2029 artificial intelligence system that had become self-aware and then decided to destroy all of mankind because humans were interfering in their plans and programs.

The Chinese Communist Party, the CCP, is now creating their version of the Terminator -- an army of battlefield killer robots that will not be managed by humans in any way and, instead, will be controlled by an artificial intelligence (AI) system. The Chinese plan for building such lethal autonomous robots was revealed by Zeng Yi, an executive in a Chinese government-owned company named Norinco. He said, “In future battlegrounds, there will be no people fighting,” adding that autonomous AI platforms are “inevitable.”

Gregory Allen, a director at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, reported Zeng’s comments after attending a conference in China in 2018. Allen said that the CCP removed Zeng’s comments from the conference summary because “it was not in China’s interest to have that information in the open.”

Nevertheless, in 2019 the then Secretary of Defense, Mark Esper, said that the Chinese company Ziyan was already marketing its Blowfish A3 aerial drones armed with machine guns and missiles to Middle East countries like Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, advertising that it “autonomously performs more complex combat missions.”

https://andmagazine.substack.com/p/china-is-building-killer-robots-using
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: China is Building Killer Robots Using Artificial Intelligence
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2023, 02:10:10 pm »
Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: China is Building Killer Robots Using Artificial Intelligence
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2023, 02:17:34 pm »
The sad thing about it is the outlook of perpetual war. There will be no peace.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley