Author Topic: South Africa: half the country without electricity, plans power cuts 32 hours long  (Read 228 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
South Africa: half the country without electricity, plans power cuts 32 hours long
By Jo Nova

South Africa MapWith South Africa only weeks away from the start of winter, the head of the State owned Eskom warns there will be the worst blackouts on record, which is really something because some people are already going 10 – 12 hours a day without electricity at the moment.

The country is allegedly at Stage 6 blackouts with “Stage 8” appearing to be a near certainty (if not there already). But apparently they are making plans to invent a “Stage 16” just in case they need it.

“Luckily” South Africa may meet Climate Goals to cut emissions by 2030, though possibly destroy their civilization in the process.

SA may face power cuts of up to 32 hours, says Eskom:

https://joannenova.com.au/2023/05/south-africa-half-the-country-without-electricity-plans-power-cuts-32-hours-long/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=south-africa-half-the-country-without-electricity-plans-power-cuts-32-hours-long
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"power cuts 32 hours long..."

I'll reckon that in South Africa, "goin' black[out]" is "the new green"...

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
And the citizens just... take it?