Author Topic: China is building the world’s biggest wind turbine in the middle of the ocean — and it’s nearly 70 s  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
China is building the world’s biggest wind turbine in the middle of the ocean — and it’s nearly 70 stories tall
Story by Jill Ettinger • Thursday

A new offshore wind project coming to China will be the biggest one built to date, measuring as tall as a 70-story building, Design Boom reported.

MingYang, the largest private wind turbine manufacturer in China, has announced the launch of the MySE 18.X-28X — and it says it’s the largest wind turbine on the planet.

While bigger is not always better, that just may be the case here, says MingYang. The MySE 18.X-28X will have a swept area of more than 700,000 square feet (66,052 square meters), according to New Atlas, meaning a single blade on the turbine slices through an area of sky about the size of nine football fields in length.

The turbine will be capable of handling “the most extreme ocean conditions,” including typhoons, and will produce enough energy every year to supply power for nearly 100,000 people.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/china-is-building-the-world-s-biggest-wind-turbine-in-the-middle-of-the-ocean-and-it-s-nearly-70-stories-tall/ar-AA174NNn?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=48125198ef114a389d170c7cadcdd760&ei=29
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson