Author Topic: Referendum on "back door" immigration  (Read 119 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Referendum on "back door" immigration
« on: May 20, 2023, 04:59:08 pm »
Referendum on "back door" immigration
Jeremy Beck's picture

PUBLISHED:  Wed, MAY 17th 2023 @ 9:10 am EDT  by  Jeremy Beck
The New York Times' rundown of the disintegrating border situation:

----
The Looming Expiration of Title 42

A Big Policy Change: For the past three years, the United States has relied on Title 42 to swiftly expel migrants at the southern border. Here's what the end of the pandemic-era rule means.
A Major Uptick: Data shows that Mexico has let tens of thousands of people cross its territory on their way to the U.S. border since April. The increase has most likely contributed to the soaring numbers of migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border.
Aboard 'the Beast': Ahead of Title 42's expiration, migrants have increasingly been rushing to the border. Some are arriving on the Mexican side on an infamous freight train that has been the scene of several migrant deaths and injuries.

In Texas: Gov. Greg Abbott is sending more soldiers and police officers to the border as some state leaders appear eager to test the waters on how far Texas can go in enforcing immigration law.
In Chicago: In the final days of Mayor Lori Lightfoot's tenure, her administration has faced a sudden surge of migrants. City officials and volunteers say the city's response has been fractured.
In New York: The impending expiration of Title 42 has created bureaucratic chaos among state officials and a frantic search for migrant housing. Mayor Eric Adams has also temporarily weakened the city's right-to-shelter rules.

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/referendum-back-door-immigration
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson