Author Topic: Parents revolt over plan to house migrants in schools  (Read 136 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Parents revolt over plan to house migrants in schools
« on: May 20, 2023, 04:46:19 pm »
16 May, 2023 17:47
HomeWorld News
Parents revolt over plan to house migrants in schools
Twenty public-school gyms in NYC are being evaluated as shelters as local government struggles to house new arrivals

Parents at New York City schools are up in arms over the city’s plans to house hundreds of migrants in school gyms across the five boroughs after Mayor Eric Adams announced on Tuesday that the program had expanded its sites from six to 20 gyms.

“We welcome them, just not to our school,” parent Aramis Rosa told Eyewitness News, explaining the protesting parents outside PS 172 were worried “about our kids’ safety.” Rosa said parents were not even consulted beforehand, while migrants were moved in under cover of darkness.

School officials promised that “individuals and families” would be kept to the standalone gym buildings under consideration, insisting “this should not impact school operations, nor will the families have access to any other part of the school where students and staff are.”

https://www.rt.com/news/576403-schools-housing-migrants/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Parents revolt over plan to house migrants in schools
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2023, 09:08:16 pm »
Once inside, they won't be leaving.