Author Topic: The Psychology of Electricity  (Read 139 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Psychology of Electricity
« on: May 20, 2023, 10:28:51 am »
The Psychology of Electricity

May 18, 2023

By Thomas Buckley

Electricity is magic.

It is everywhere and can be used by anyone – all you have to do is plug in or flip on and things spring to life.

It can do almost anything – heat your home, power your car, let you call that old friend halfway across the world or mock strangers on the internet, cook your food – you name and it can do it.

And it appears to do it without any noticeable immediate consequence; it is, like the air around us, just something that is and always will be.

Save for paying the bill and when the power goes out – almost always due to some other random intervention like a storm or a car wreck (unless you live in California or some other third-world region that suffers from “electrical insecurity”) – and that can be written off as a chance occurrence, like getting a stitch when riding a bike.  No big deal, it will be fine in a shortly.

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2023/05/the-psychology-of-electricity/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson