Author Topic: Running On Empty: Biden’s New Power Plant Rules Will Wreck The Nation’s Grid  (Read 195 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY WILLIAM S. SCHERMAN ON MAY 19, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Running On Empty: Biden’s New Power Plant Rules Will Wreck The Nation’s Grid

coal plantImagine flipping a light switch and not knowing if the lights will come on. Normally unthinkable. But the Environmental Protection Agency’s proposed power-plant rules would destabilize the energy grid, resulting in less-reliable electric service.

The EPA’s aggressive standards require all coal-fired power plants to use a new and still-tricky technology called carbon capture and storage, or CCS, to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions by 90% by 2035, or begin co-firing with natural gas. [emphasis, links added]

In addition, natural-gas-fired plants must capture 90% of emissions by 2035 using CCS or switch almost entirely to hydrogen by 2038. The only other option for both: shut down.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/running-on-empty-bidens-new-power-plant-rules-will-wreck-the-nations-grid/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Hoodat

The Biden regime leaves no stone unturned in its quest to destroy America.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-