Author Topic: Cyclone Mocha: Don’t Fall for the Climate Bait  (Read 159 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Cyclone Mocha: Don’t Fall for the Climate Bait
« on: May 20, 2023, 10:12:46 am »

Cyclone Mocha: Don’t Fall for the Climate Bait

By Vijay Jayaraj

On May 14, Cyclone Mocha made landfall near Myanmar and Bangladesh. It was not surprising to see many mainstream media blame climate change for it. The pattern has now become common.

Every time there is a major cyclonic event, the media fan fear of climate change and argue that human-induced emissions of carbon dioxide are causing more extreme weather. However, an examination of relevant data shows such reports to be misleading.

As I write this, Mocha has made landfall close to the Myanmar–Bangladesh border. Residents of coastal districts of Chattogram and Barishal are likely to experience the worst impact of the cyclone for weeks to come.

Among the most vulnerable are refugees who fled persecution in Myanmar and have been living for half a decade in Bangladesh camps without the protection of storm-resistant shelter. As sad as the situation is, cyclones are not unprecedented for the region.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/05/18/cyclone-mocha-dont-fall-for-the-climate-bait/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson