Author Topic: Consumers creeped out by Target's 'tuck-friendly' women's swimwear: 'Shopping elsewhere'  (Read 3136 times)

Offline DB

Seems Executives are forgetting their fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders and bondholders.

Usually corporations, or their founders, setup separate Foundations to advocate or support causes.

That's why I like to call this type of wokeness "The Nonsense" - it's an unecessary, self-inflicted distraction and negative value proposition that destroys enterprise value or goodwill.

They are certain that they are social justice warriors that are going to bend the public to their will.

F'm all.

Offline berdie

One of the many odd things about this that I find curious..

The small percentage of LBTGAERXYZ (or whatever) community could have just lived their lives in peace. Corporate America should not have gotten involved. The majority of this country has gotten, rightfully, riled up. Bad idea for the minority.

Offline libertybele

One of the many odd things about this that I find curious..

The small percentage of LBTGAERXYZ (or whatever) community could have just lived their lives in peace. Corporate America should not have gotten involved. The majority of this country has gotten, rightfully, riled up. Bad idea for the minority.

Gays wanted equal protections under the laws; marriage, power of attorney, filing tax returns, etc. IMHO SCOTUS wrote law rather than rule on the constitutionality of the law.  From there the inclusion of various different minority groups has exploded.
Notice how this explosion has occurred under Brandon and has gone ridiculously more left and as I had mentioned his transition team was focused on anti-Christianity.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LadyLiberty

"I think given the current situation with Bud Light, the company is terrified of a Bud Light situation."

Too late!

I really have very little problem with staying out of Target. I stopped shopping there when they had their big data breach in 2013. I've been in a Target only once since then, when I really needed an OTC eye med and they were the only place I could find it locally.

Online roamer_1

Thank you mothers, everywhere.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Vulcan waxes poetic with:
"Let 'em crash and burn till they learn..."

Didn't Target go through this once before with their unisex bathroom boondoggle?

Don't they ever learn anything...?

Online roamer_1

Target just got the Fool Around And Find Out bite on the butt.

Rule number One: The customer is always right.  :beer:

Offline Kamaji

Right. They did a bang-up job on airline stock puts before 9/11.

What year was that?

Offline Kamaji

Pride and prejudice Target shopper tears down Pride sign as fury over LGBTQ merchandise spills into aisles

Alt-right internet personality Ethan Schmidt posted a video ripping a “#TakePride” sign from rack of Pride clothing at Target before stomping on it and kicking it.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/25/ethan-schmidt-tears-down-target-pride-sign-over-lgbtq-merch/

:thumbsup:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NEW: That Target Stock Plunge Has Gotten Even Worse
By Nick Arama | 3:15 PM on May 25, 2023

We’ve seen what has happened to Bud Light since they endorsed transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney’s “365 Days of Being a Girl” as he mocked girls and women. As I reported earlier, they’ve now been reduced to trying to sell their beer for free (with rebates). Yet, their sales have plummeted by 28 percent, by volume, just as we go into Memorial Day weekend, and they still don’t seem to be able to offload the stuff. They’re even buying some back from distributors at this point if it’s gone past the expiration date. If they can’t recover over this weekend, the beer experts are saying they may have lost a permanent section of their customers who are just not going to come back.

Now, Target is feeling that same weight since outraged customers have turned the boycott on them. My colleague Bob Hoge reported on their plummeting stock over the past week up to Wednesday. But it’s gotten worse.

A week ago Wednesday before the controversy erupted, Target’s stock closed at $160.96 a share, giving the big-box chain a market capitalization of $74.3 billion.

As of early trading on Thursday, however, shares of the company were trading off 1% at $141.76 — capping a weeklong tumble that has shrunk the “cheap chic” discount retailer’s value to $65.3 billion.

That amounts to a 12% drop that has shaved a whopping $9 billion off the company’s market capitalization.

And it’s still going down on Thursday, it’s now at $139.15, according to Market Watch, at about 2:42 ET.

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/05/25/new-that-target-stock-plunge-has-gotten-even-worse-n751418
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Maybe this will be the inflection point on this whole stupid push by the militant alphabet people to force company's to go woke.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 May 25, 2023 8:29pm EDT
Target CEO defends Pride display adjustments while vowing LGBTQ support: 'This has been a very hard day'
The retail chain sparked uproar among customers, leading to some stores downsizing its Pride displays
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

Target CEO Brian Cornell sent a letter to employees defending the company's decision to make adjustments to its Pride collection in its stores while expressing support for the LGBTQ community.

"This has been a very hard day for Target, and it follows many difficult days of deliberation and decision-making," Cornell wrote to staff on Wednesday, according to a copy of the letter obtained by Insider.

Cornell thanked store employees for "steadfastly representing our values" while facing "uncomfortable situations" in recent days, saying it "went well beyond discomfort, and it has been gut-wrenching to see what you've confronted in our aisles." He then thanked employees at Target's service centers for their "patience and professionalism through high volumes of angry, abusive and threatening calls."

"To the teams who have been working so hard on our plans for Pride - and now are showing incredible agility as we adjust - thank you," Cornell wrote. "Your efforts will ensure we can still show up and celebrate Pride in meaningful ways."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/target-ceo-defends-pride-display-adjustments-while-vowing-lgbtq-support
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Target Gaslights Americans Why LGBT Products Were Removed, But Small Move Reveals Truth

By Warner Todd Huston
  May 25, 2023 at 5:38pm

Retail giant Target saw what was happening to Bud Light and seems to have moved to make sure its own troubles would blow over quickly. But its words are coming out of both sides of its corporate mouth as it gaslights America over its “solutions.”

Weeks ago, conservatives began to notice that Target had stepped up its commitment to the radical transgender movement by offering a new line of “tuck-friendly” swimsuits for children. These swimsuits are meant to help children hide their genitals so that they can pretend to be the opposite gender in fealty to the extremist LGBT agenda.

The transgender products were bad enough. But it was also revealed that the company had been working with an actual Satanist as one of its designers, an artist named Eric Carnell.

The company had partnered with Abprallen, a company that makes merchandise with violent and satanic messages.

https://www.westernjournal.com/target-gaslights-americans-lgbt-products-removed-small-move-reveals-truth/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Cornell thanked store employees for "steadfastly representing our values"

Pretty sad when your "values" include grooming children for the sexual pleasure of adults and genital mutilation of children.

Offline Kamaji

Offline libertybele

Target partners with org pushing for kids' genders to be secretly changed in schools without parental consent

Target Corporation is partnering with a K-12 education group for which focuses on getting districts to adopt policies that will keep parents in the dark on their child's in-school gender transition, providing sexually explicit books to schools for free, and integrating gender ideology at all levels of curriculum in public schools, Fox News Digital uncovered.

"GLSEN leads the movement in creating affirming... and anti-racist spaces for LGBTQIA+ students. We are proud of 10+ years of collaboration with GLSEN and continue to support their mission," Target said. The retail giant provides annual donations to GLSEN.

GLSEN calls for gender ideology to be integrated into all classes, even math. It provides educators instructions on how they can make math "more inclusive of trans and non-binary identities" by including "they/them" pronouns in word problems.

In another example, GLSEN recommended that teachers intervene if students are making graphs about sex and gender to ensure it includes the ideology supported by GLSEN. "When students are creating their own surveys, if they want to include data for biological sex, teachers need to be sure they include both intersex and other as choices."
GLSEN target pride month partnership................

https://www.foxnews.com/media/target-partners-org-pushing-kids-genders-secretly-changed-schools-without-parental-consent

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

I hope people are realizing how evil Target is and they boycott.  Target continues to push for destruction of culture and our youth.

Offline libertybele

Target is indoctrinating our youth through our public education system as well.

I don't know if a Target boycott is going to be enough.

Online roamer_1

Target is indoctrinating our youth through our public education system as well.

I don't know if a Target boycott is going to be enough.

Well, yeah it's working... They lost 9 billion dollars in like, 10 days. Keep that up and they'll be in receivership in 3 months.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I hope people are realizing how evil Target is and they boycott.  Target continues to push for destruction of culture and our youth.

You hate to see this stuff, butt it's not happening by accident and it's organized. Maybe putting in people's faces is the best way to wake them up.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Target Donates to Activist Group Focusing on Injecting LGBT Agenda into Schools

Hannah Bleau26 May 202324
4:18

Target is donating to an activist leftist group which focuses on injecting the LGBT agenda into schools, the company recently confirmed.

Target has fallen under continued criticism over the past several weeks due to its overt promotion of woke gender ideology and the LGBT agenda, despite the fact those who identify as such make up a small percentage of the U.S. population. Regardless, Target has openly embraced what society has deemed “pride” month — taking place in June — with flashy pride-themed displays prominently displayed at the front of stores, some of which have since been moved to the back due to backlash.

The displays featured items not only for adults — from shirts reading “Live Laugh Lesbian” to transgender swimsuits, to items from a satanist designer which have since been removed — but items for children and babies as well. While Target has clarified that “tuck-friendly” swimsuits come in adult sizes only, a closer look at the children’s items shows some pride-themed swimsuits containing tags which read “Thoughtfully Fit on Multiple Body Types and Gender Expressions,” as Breitbart News extensively reported.

https://twitter.com/MZHemingway/status/1662106586167271424

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/26/target-donates-activist-group-focusing-injecting-lgbt-agenda-schools/
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Pretty sad when your "values" include grooming children for the sexual pleasure of adults and genital mutilation of children.

@Kamaji

Target employees should get together and hire a hungry law firm to sue him for slander.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You hate to see this stuff, butt it's not happening by accident and it's organized.

@Free Vulcan

I have a VERY strong suspicion that these CEO's have been promised that the US Treasury would reimburse them for any monetary losses if they do this.

They didn't get to where they are in life by making their typical customers hate them. SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE has pretty much HAD to guarantee to make up any losses they might suffer by pushing the leftist messages.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

Well, maybe Target will stay in biz for the gay pride crowd.   It's the Satanic element that's troubling as well as Target working their way into the schools.

That's how they'll stay in business.  I'm glad I don't have kids in public school and I sure as heck wouldn't want to be a teacher and them dictate that I must teach gay pride.

Offline mountaineer

Target's Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer and VP of HR tells all of the Target employees to accept DEI or find a new place to work.

https://twitter.com/MythinformedMKE/status/1662165786167738369
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org