Author Topic: Consumers creeped out by Target's 'tuck-friendly' women's swimwear: 'Shopping elsewhere'  (Read 3190 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What was it George Washington said to Americans in his Farewell Address?  Don't get involved in entangling alliances.  tri22
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And another lemming jumps off the Bud Light cliff...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A lot of husbands will have more money left at the end of the month!.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

...and there she tumbles ....  $9B is a substantial amount.  I'm glad to see it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The executives running these companies seem to far removed from their retail customers.

The executives have also forgotten the Star Trek 2, Spock Principle: The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

Maybe these companies need to establish separate brands and distribution channels for their unicorn and rainbow items.

AmBev could have better protected the Budweiser brand if they established a new brand for their Pride Month marketing campaign ...

https://vimeo.com/169759649
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 06:27:45 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline andy58-in-nh

A lot of husbands will have more money left at the end of the month!.

Truth.

My wife goes to Target to buy three items, and comes home with a 2nd mortgage.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline libertybele

Truth.

My wife goes to Target to buy three items, and comes home with a 2nd mortgage.

:silly:  It's easy to get side tracked.

I normally buy all cleaning supplies, paper towels, garbage bags, etc., from Target. Also dog food and treats and a few grocery items.

So, I guess Wally World is where I'll have to go - nothing else really around.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Let 'em crash and burn till they learn.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

In the last week it's dropped about $20 a share, from $160 to $140, so that reflects some pain.

Offline Smokin Joe

Someone somewhere is playing the options market (the putz with the puts) with these companies and making a killing with an inside track on their ad campaigns.

It is the only explanation I can think of that makes a profit.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Someone somewhere is playing the options market (the putz with the puts) with these companies and making a killing with an inside track on their ad campaigns.

Material nonpublic information; if the person is an insider or affiliated with an insider, that would be illegal trading, almost certainly.

Offline Smokin Joe

Material nonpublic information; if the person is an insider or affiliated with an insider, that would be illegal trading, almost certainly.
Yeah, but who is looking? Everyone has been consumed with the Wokeness aspect.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

ESG??

Offline Kamaji

Yeah, but who is looking? Everyone has been consumed with the Wokeness aspect.

The SEC.  They have some pretty significant big data machines that can sniff out odd trading patterns.

Online mountaineer

Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
I've obtained an EXCLUSIVE internal email from a TARGET LEADERSHIP to management. 
Target reaffirming their support for grooming kids and LGBTQIA+ content for minors.
@Target wants to lose another $9 billion. Let's help them!

1:59 PM · May 25, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

The SEC.  They have some pretty significant big data machines that can sniff out odd trading patterns.
Right. They did a bang-up job on airline stock puts before 9/11.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
I've obtained an EXCLUSIVE internal email from a TARGET LEADERSHIP to management. 
Target reaffirming their support for grooming kids and LGBTQIA+ content for minors.
@Target wants to lose another $9 billion. Let's help them!

1:59 PM · May 25, 2023

No mention of their Satanic relationship.  :smokin:

Offline American Girl

Psyops are conducted on employees just as much as grooming the customer base.

According to the letter, it appears Pride Month &  Mental Health Awareness Month are the same month?
They are going to lose 50% of their market cap in the next 6 months
https://redstatenation.com/heres-the-internal-email-that-target-sent-to-their-employees-following-the-pride-month-disaster-things-went-from-bad-to-worse/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Target just got the Fool Around And Find Out bite on the butt.
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Target loses $9B in week following boycott calls over LGBTQ-friendly kids clothing
By Ariel Zilber   
May 25, 2023 10:00am

Target has lost $9 billion in market value since angry social media users called for a boycott of the Minneapolis-based retailer over its rollout of the “PRIDE” collection featuring LGBTQ-friendly clothing for children.

A week ago Wednesday before the controversy erupted, Target’s stock closed at $160.96 a share, giving the big-box chain a market capitalization of $74.3 billion.

As of early trading on Thursday, however, shares of the company were trading off 1% at $141.76 — capping a weeklong tumble that has shrunk the “cheap chic” discount retailer’s value to $65.3 billion.

That amounts to a 12% drop that has shaved a whopping $9 billion off the company’s market capitalization.

Target said on Tuesday it was removing some items from its stores and making other changes to its LGBTQ+ merchandise nationwide ahead of Pride month after intense backlash from some customers who confronted workers and tipped over displays.

“Since introducing this year’s collection, we’ve experienced threats impacting our team members’ sense of safety and well-being while at work,” Target said in a statement on Tuesday.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/25/target-loses-8b-in-week-since-boycott-calls-over-pride-collection/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online berdie

Very possible. Follow the $$.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Pride and prejudice Target shopper tears down Pride sign as fury over LGBTQ merchandise spills into aisles

Alt-right internet personality Ethan Schmidt posted a video ripping a “#TakePride” sign from rack of Pride clothing at Target before stomping on it and kicking it.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/25/ethan-schmidt-tears-down-target-pride-sign-over-lgbtq-merch/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

Companies that want to enter politics have made a choice and are fully responsible for the consequences. Suck it up buttercup.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Seems Executives are forgetting their fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders and bondholders.

Usually corporations, or their founders, setup separate Foundations to advocate or support causes.

That's why I like to call this type of wokeness "The Nonsense" - it's an unecessary, self-inflicted distraction and negative value proposition that destroys enterprise value or goodwill.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.