Author Topic: Consumers creeped out by Target's 'tuck-friendly' women's swimwear: 'Shopping elsewhere'  (Read 3171 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 May 19, 2023 8:34pm EDT
Consumers creeped out by Target's 'tuck-friendly' women's swimwear: 'Shopping elsewhere'
'It’s hideous. It’s exactly what a dude pretending to be a woman would wear,' comedian Chrissie Mayr told Fox News Digital
By Alexander Hall | Fox News

Some consumers are condemning Target for selling women’s style swimsuits that advertise "tuck-friendly construction" to hide male genitalia.

While Bud Light made headlines recently for a marketing gimmick with a transgender activist, Target has a history of being at the forefront of woke identity politics. The retailer sparked a boycott in 2016 after it posted a public statement declaring that "transgender team members and guests" are permitted "to use the restroom or fitting room facility that corresponds with their gender identity."

Target has had June Pride Month displays with rainbow and LGBTQ+ messaging for years, but the addition of female-style swimsuits that can be used to "tuck" male genitalia has outraged many online. The products, which can be found in a special pride section in stores, are also labeled as "Thoughtfully fit on multiple body types and gender expressions."

New Pride swimsuits at target boast "tuck-friendly construction" and "extra crotch coverage," presumably to accommodate male genitalia, even if they are made in an otherwise female style. (Brian Flood/Fox News)

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/consumers-creeped-targets-tuck-friendly-womens-swimwear-shopping-elsewhere
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

This is a shame as there aren't too many brick and mortar stores to shop at. 

I go into Target for gallon jugs of water, dog food, bird seed and some other grocery items-- so do I boycott and go to a more expensive store?  Yes, I am conflicted.  With their continued push to include 'wokeness', they don't deserve the business, though these days, I'm trying to make my pennies stretch as far as possible.  :shrug:

Perhaps that's Target's thinking -- they have lower prices then the larger supermarkets and they know that people won't boycott due to the economy and people trying to pinch pennies.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Puke  :3:

I imagine they are just trying to get the norms used to the Abby Normal (placing it even where it doesn't sell for agenda reasons (wokeness).

I am getting to the point I wish all these so-called transgendered weirdo would just chop it off just  due to personally thinking they want to just have sex with anything and everything that bothers to look their way twice. Chopping it off would reduce that risk.

I have some bolt cutters I could loan.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 01:48:33 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 23, 2023 12:27pm EDT
Target holds 'emergency' meeting over LGBTQ merchandise in some stores to avoid ‘Bud Light situation’
Some southern locations move Pride displays, apparel away from storefronts

By Brian Flood | Fox News

FIRST ON FOX – Some southern Target stores were forced by the corporation to move LGBTQ Pride merchandise away from the front of their locations after customer "outrage" to avoid a "Bud Light situation."

Many Target locations across the country feature massive June Pride month displays on an annual basis, with items this year ranging from "tuck friendly" bathing suits for transgender people to mugs that say "gender fluid." But the retail juggernaut has been criticized by some conservatives for the displays, with children’s items particularly irking many customers.

A Target insider told Fox News Digital that many locations, mostly in rural areas of the south, have relocated Pride sections to avoid the kind of backlash Bud Light has received in recent weeks after using a transgender influencer in a promotional campaign.

A Target insider said there were "emergency" calls on Friday and some managers and district senior directors were told to tamp down the Pride sections immediately.

"We were given 36 hours, told to take all of our Pride stuff, the entire section, and move it into a section that’s a third the size. From the front of the store to the back of the store, you can’t have anything on mannequins and no large signage," the Target insider said.

"We call our customers ‘guests,’ there is outrage on their part. This year it is just exponentially more than any other year," the Target insider continued. "I think given the current situation with Bud Light, the company is terrified of a Bud Light situation."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/target-holds-emergency-meeting-lgbtq-pride-merchandise-stores-avoid-bud-light-situation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
"I think given the current situation with Bud Light, the company is terrified of a Bud Light situation."

If they are terrified then WHY even go there?  :thud:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"I think given the current situation with Bud Light, the company is terrified of a Bud Light situation."

If they are terrified then WHY even go there?  :thud:
Exactly. What is driving this?

It's a retail buffalo jump, with whole chains and brands racing for the cliff.

If 1-2% of the population (all the GLBTQ+/-) population boycotts them, so frigging what?

The real market share isn't there, unless they want to open some sort of large scale 'boutique' to cater just to those groups.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 06:02:38 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Alienating their bread-and-butter customers for such a small demographic, even if that demographic tends to spend a significantly larger amount of money, is, as my grannie used to say, penny wise, pound foolish.

Offline roamer_1

Exactly. What is driving this?

It's a retail buffalo jump, with whole chains and brands racing for the cliff.

If 1-2% of the population (all the GLBTQ+/-) population boycotts them, so frigging what?

The real market share isn't there, unless they want to open some sort of large scale 'boutique' to cater just to those groups.

No... Some of it is liberal thinking. Most of it hails from stakeholder corporatism, where financial instruments are levered by a social score. If a corp is gonna be able to find float money to keep them liquid, they have to have a good social (ESG) score.

AND, since corporate wonks don't really have a feel for all that, they are recommended to hire people into the company that do - Thus the invasion of board rooms and advertising teams by woke a******* that drive the company into the ground to get the message out.

That's why Butt Light is so interesting to me... The grassroots stood the hell up and said oh hell no... or shut up and sing... Something close to that.... and put Butt Light into quite a twist.

They can serve their woke overlords and retain their credit line, or they can serve their customers, but they can't do both. And that is going to be an earthquake through boardrooms across America...

And Target is a sign of how big a shake it is going to be.

Butt Light could very well be the end of stakeholder corporatism.
It's a big big deal.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

So the Borat Beach Slingshot Swimsuit is out of fashion?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

Satanic partner?  I am no longer conflicted. No Target for me.  I'll make extra trips to the other stores and spend a few more pennies.  This crappola has to stop.

Target customers shocked after company features pride items by Satanist partner: Devil is 'hope' and 'love'

Target has found itself in hot water again over its gay pride collection, this time because of its partnership with a controversial designer.

The major retailer partnered with U.K.-based brand Abprallen to sell merchandise with pro-LGBTQ messages to celebrate Pride month. A search on Target's website finds some of the items.

While the company was already under a microscope over its "tuck-friendly" swimsuits, some social media users were angered to discover that Abprallen's designer Eric Carnell is also an outspoken Satanist whose brand features occult imagery and messages like "Satan respects pronouns" on brand apparel.................

https://www.foxnews.com/media/target-customers-shocked-company-features-gay-pride-items-satanist-partner-devil-hope-love
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 01:38:18 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Anyone woke is a Satanist. Having one out in the open is hardly a surprise.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Idiot

Anyone woke is a Satanist. Having one out in the open is hardly a surprise.
Agree.  I hardly ever go to Target, but this will seal the deal.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Agree.  I hardly ever go to Target, but this will seal the deal.

I quit Target seven years ago when they opened women's bathrooms to men.

Offline libertybele

I quit Target seven years ago when they opened women's bathrooms to men.

I had stopped going there for awhile for that reason too.  I started going back because the store closest to me kept there bathrooms the same, price and convenience.

I thought things had changed.  Obviously things are even worse. Enough is enough.

Offline Kamaji

It sounds like pressure from local customers to local stores may at least encourage the local stores to move this stuff out, even if the national headquarters doesn't get rid of it company-wide.

Offline libertybele

It sounds like pressure from local customers to local stores may at least encourage the local stores to move this stuff out, even if the national headquarters doesn't get rid of it company-wide.

The problem does lie with national headquarters though. It is what they are allowing in their stores.

Offline Kamaji

The problem does lie with national headquarters though. It is what they are allowing in their stores.

Yes, but it's a good start if they can be convinced to allow individual stores to remove the stuff based on local feedback.  That way, the idiots in SF can continue to buy their groomers' clothes if they want, and those in still-decent neighborhoods don't have to be dragged along through the mud.

Another option would be to purchase all of the damned stuff, to get it off the shelves, make it unwearable, and then dump it in front of the store for all to see.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 02:13:25 pm by Kamaji »

Offline verga

Was never comfortable there, even before the bathroom issue.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

Target is not gay enough for Gov. Greaseball.
Newsom Slams Target for ‘Selling Out’ LGBTQ Community After It Pulls Satan-Linked Merch
Anna Allen   
May 24, 2023
Washington Free Beacon

Democratic California Gov. Gavin Newsom slammed Target CEO Brian Cornell Tuesday for "selling out the LGBTQ+ community to extremists" after the liberal corporation pulled its newly released, Satan-linked LGBTQ+ merchandise from stores.

After fierce backlash from customers, Target announced Tuesday it was removing from its "Pride Collection"—released at the beginning of May—the LGBTQ brand Abprallen, which is associated with British designer and Satanist Eric Carnell. California's left-wing leader blasted the decision on Twitter.

"This isn’t just a couple stores in the South. There is a systematic attack on the gay community happening across the country," Newsom said. "This doesn’t stop here. You’re black? You’re Asian? You’re Jewish? You’re a woman? You’re next." ...
He equates being black, female, or Asian with being a sexual pervert, really?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

Yes, but it's a good start if they can be convinced to allow individual stores to remove the stuff based on local feedback.  That way, the idiots in SF can continue to buy their groomers' clothes if they want, and those in still-decent neighborhoods don't have to be dragged along through the mud.

Another option would be to purchase all of the damned stuff, to get it off the shelves, make it unwearable, and then dump it in front of the store for all to see.

A good start would be to remove the Satanic and gay pride junk from all their stores.

That's never going to happen.  The head honchos for Target have been heading down this thorny path for awhile. 

So now all the satanic worshipers, cultists, non-binaries, queers, trannies, etc., have a place to shop and call their own.  I don't think there's enough of that population to keep their stores open.  I could be wrong, perhaps all this evil is more widespread than I thought.

Offline mountaineer

Just posted a thread in the Econ/Business category about North Face also doing it's grooming best to promote gay clothing.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
A good start would be to remove the Satanic and gay pride junk from all their stores.

That's never going to happen.  The head honchos for Target have been heading down this thorny path for awhile. 

So now all the satanic worshipers, cultists, non-binaries, queers, trannies, etc., have a place to shop and call their own.  I don't think there's enough of that population to keep their stores open.  I could be wrong, perhaps all this evil is more widespread than I thought.

@libertybele

The ONLY  thing that could possibly  make sense as to WHY they are doing this is the government has promised them tax breaks,and maybe even refunds if they do.

Face it,Corporate Boards are filled with people who ONLY care about profits for the corporation they are running,and bonus money for themselves. There is not ONE group of people anywhere on the planet more self-centered than the Chairmen of Corporate boards.

So why are they suddenly doing stuff like this to please a TINY minority of their customers,while irritating the mass majority of their customers.

There can only be ONE answer. Government involvement that guarantees them personal profits.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

Target just sealed their fate.  They won't last long.

Prolly so... They already got their second chance over the bathrooms...

BUT, Butt Light is beer. That's dudes. They have a 'Oh hell no!' button. And it works.

Target is chicks. Chicks prefer a complicated relationship with things...
Except moms. You get a warring mother standing between you and her kids, you'd better just run...

Doesn't matter which species either. Hoomin... moose... griz... She'll tear you a new one, or die.

JCPenny found out about moms... Guess Target wasn't listening.

Offline libertybele

Target just sealed their fate.  They won't last long.

Rightfully so. We'll see how long it takes before they start closing up stores.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Target Loses $9 Billion In Market Value In A Week Following Boycott Over LGBT Merchandise

LAUREL DUGGAN
SOCIAL ISSUES AND CULTURE REPORTER
May 25, 2023
12:40 PM ET
FONT SIZE:

Target’s market value plunged $9 billion in one week after anger erupted over the store’s new “PRIDE” collection, which features clothing for children and babies as well as a chest-binding swim top and a “tuck-friendly” women’s bathing suit.

Social media users and conservative activists began calling for boycotts of Target following the release of their PRIDE line last week. The company was valued at $160.96 per share on May 17, at a market value of $74.3 billion; as of Thursday morning each share was valued at $139.84, the lowest in over a year, at a market value of $64.54 billion, according to MarketWatch data. (RELATED: ‘Sick To My Stomach’: Whistleblower Shares How Texas Hospital Rushes Kids Into Sex Changes)

An adult bikini top available on Target’s website advertises a “light binding effect.” Another women’s swimsuit offered “tuck-friendly” coverage, and some children’s swimsuits advertised being “Thoughtfully Fit on Multiple Body Types and Gender Expressions,” according to The Associated Press.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/05/25/target-loses-9-billion-in-market-value-in-a-week-following-boycott-over-lgbt-merchandise/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson