Author Topic: Funeral mourners remember Jordan Neely as a gifted dancer who fell on hard times  (Read 758 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Funeral mourners remember Jordan Neely as a gifted dancer who fell on hard times
By Jack Morphet and
Steve Janoski   
May 19, 2023 12:04pm

Mourners at Jordan Neely’s funeral remembered the 30-year-old homeless man as a mellow guy and a gifted dancer who’d fallen on hard times in the years before his death at the hands of Daniel Penny, a former Marine now charged with manslaughter.

Neely — a Michael Jackson-impersonating street performer with a long history of mental illness and police run-ins — was not always that way, childhood friend Rocco Polanco told The Post at the Mount Neboh Baptist Church in Harlem, where Neely’s funeral was held.

“Jordan was an amazing dancer — phenomenal,” said Polanco, of the Bronx. “He was a reflection of Michael Jackson — he had every move down pat, and even had the same facial structure.”

Polanco, 19, who showed up at the ceremony wearing a black-and-red, Jackson-inspired suit, recalled Neely as a mellow kid always known for his uncanny ability to move just like the King of Pop.

The two hung out together near the famed Apollo Theater on 125th Street in Harlem, Polanco said.

And when the legendary pop singer passed away in 2009, it was Neely who lifted them up through his skilled impersonation.

Jordan Neely’s foster brother, Larry Smith (left), in tears at Neely’s funeral on Friday.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/19/funeral-mourners-remember-jordan-neely-as-a-gifted-dancer-who-fell-on-hard-times/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline PeteS in CA

Neely needed to be in a mental institution, before he started assaulting people.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LMAO

In saner times, the Marine who restrained him would never have been charged with anything

But we live in divisive times. A death of a black man with a white man that it can be pinned on is impossible for the left to pass on
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

He violently assaulted several people in the past. He should have been in prison, not riding the subway harassing passengers. Then no one - white, black, anyone - would have had to restrain him.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Jordan Neely’s foster brother, Larry Smith (left), in tears at Neely’s funeral on Friday.

Where you in tears when he was living on the street?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rev. Al Sharpton uses funeral for subway chokehold victim Jordan Neely to condemn Marine vet Daniel Penny for 'crime against all of us' as furious Harlem crowd demands justice

Rev. Al Sharpton has used the funeral of subway chokehold victim Jordan Neely to condemn ex-marine Daniel Penny
    Penny put Neely in a deadly chokehold on the uptown F train on May 1. He has been charged with second degree manslaughter
    Sharpton said 'when they choked Jordan, they put their arms around all of us' and elicited chants of 'no justice, no peace' from mourners at Neely's funeral

By Aneeta Bhole For Dailymail.Com

Published: 11:14 EDT, 19 May 2023 | Updated: 08:12 EDT, 20 May 2023

Reverend Al Sharpton has used the funeral of subway chokehold victim Jordan Neely to condemn the ex-marine who fatally restrained the homeless schizophrenic.

Hundreds gathered at the Mount Neboh Baptist Church in Harlem with loved ones visibly devastated as they carried Neely into the place of worship in an ivory and gold casket ahead of the service.

Sharpton delivered a fiery eulogy as mourners clapped and chanted: 'No Justice, no peace.' The civil rights activist told the congregation: 'When they choked Jordan they put their arms around all of us. All of us have a right to live.'

Daniel Penny, 24, was charged with manslaughter last week after putting 30-year-old Neely, who had threatened subway passengers, in a chokehold on May 1.

Neely's funeral was attended by prominent left-wing politicians including Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez who has accused Penny of murder.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12103193/Hundreds-gathered-subway-chokehold-victim-Jordan-Neelys-funeral.html?ico=related-replace#article-12103193
Support the USO

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Hold it! Where's the epidemic?

Don't we have to have some reason to keep the white folks inside before we start this sh*t again?

None of this guy's victims are given an open mike--if they would even dare to speak.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

Whether it was St George of Fentanyl, “The Gentle Giant” Micheal Brown, Trayvon Martin… the one thing they all have in common is “family” that come out of the woodwork at times like these
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

Whether it was St George of Fentanyl, “The Gentle Giant” Micheal Brown, Trayvon Martin… the one thing they all have in common is “family” that come out of the woodwork at times like these
Waiting for the lawsuit money.

Offline mountaineer

Chuck Callesto
@ChuckCallesto
BREAKING NOW: Jordan Neely's uncle WHO CALLED FOR NO PLEA DEAL for Daniel Penny in case over subway chokehold death of his nephew – ARRESTED in NYC 'after being CAUGHT WITH KNIFE and several stolen credit cards'...

MEDIA SILENT...
2:20 PM · May 23, 2023

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Waiting for the lawsuit money.
Fighting over who had the rights to sell T-shirts.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Chuck Callesto
@ChuckCallesto
BREAKING NOW: Jordan Neely's uncle WHO CALLED FOR NO PLEA DEAL for Daniel Penny in case over subway chokehold death of his nephew – ARRESTED in NYC 'after being CAUGHT WITH KNIFE and several stolen credit cards'...

MEDIA SILENT...
2:20 PM · May 23, 2023

Not even the Babylon Bee could have come up with that.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
hell he wouldn't be cryin now if momma wasn't shovin that onion in his face.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Jordan Neely’s uncle arrested for pickpocketing after saying Daniel Penny doesn’t deserve plea deal
By Steve Janoski   
May 23, 2023 2:58pm

An uncle of Jordan Neely — the homeless man choked to death on the subway this month — was arrested near the Port Authority Bus Terminal for allegedly stealing purses from restaurants, police sources said Tuesday.

Christopher Neely, 44, had acted as something of a representative for the grieving family in the aftermath of his 30-year-old nephew’s May 1 death, frequently speaking out about the lightning-rod case.

But Neely was also allegedly wanted for a pattern of grand larceny, including the handbag thefts, according to the sources.

A member of the NYPD’s pickpocket team spotted Neely, of Hamilton Heights, at about 11 p.m. Monday near the Manhattan bus station.

He allegedly took off when the officer approached him — and fought back when cops caught up to him after a brief chase, the sources said.

Eventually, authorities cuffed him and charged him with criminal possession of stolen property, resisting arrest, bail jumping and unlawful possession of a weapon.

It was not clear when he would be arraigned.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/23/jordan-neelys-uncle-christopher-arrested-for-pickpocketing/
Support the USO