Author Topic: Guatemalan man with no valid driver’s license and illegally in the country arrested during the Willo  (Read 135 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MAY 10, 2023
Guatemalan man with no valid driver’s license and illegally in the country arrested during the Willow Oak double fatal crash investigation
Media Contact: Alicia Manautou, PIO
On Tuesday, May 9, 2023, Polk County Sheriff's Office detectives arrested 24-year-oldElmer Giron Canil Elmer Bryan Giron-Canil of Mulberry for 1) negligently operating a motor vehicle and causing serious injury or death to a person while not possessing a driver’s license (F3)(6 counts) and 2) driving without a valid license (M2)(1 count). Canil is a Guatemalan citizen in the U.S. illegally.

Deputies from the Polk County Sheriff's Office, along with Polk County Fire Rescue, were dispatched at about 5:41 a.m., to the crash scene on S.R. 60 West near the intersection of Pine Grove Road in Willow Oak near Mulberry.

Upon arrival of first responders, a 33-year-old man was found deceased. He was a passenger in a silver 2007 Ford Expedition that was driven by Canil. A second passenger, a 62-year-old man, was transported to an area hospital where he died from his injuries.

https://www.polksheriff.org/news-investigations/polk-county-news/2023/05/10/guatemalan-man-with-no-valid-driver-s-license-and-illegally-in-the-country-arrested-during-the-willow-oak-double-fatal-crash-investigation
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson