Author Topic: Energy.gov Making the Switch to Induction Stoves or Cooktops  (Read 295 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Department of Energy
Making the Switch to Induction Stoves or Cooktops
MAY 11, 2023
Energy.gov Making the Switch to Induction Stoves or Cooktops

The numbers are in: Americans are seeing the benefits of induction appliances. In Consumer Report’s June 2022 nationally representative survey, almost 70% of people said they would consider induction for their next range or cooktop. Today we’re breaking down how the technology works, why induction appliances have soared in popularity, and what you gain from making the switch (hint: this includes rebates).

How it Works
Video Url

Clean Energy 101: Induction Stoves and Ovens

U.S. Department of Energy
Traditional cooktops use a flame or a burner that radiates and conducts heat to your pots and pans. Induction cooking uses an electromagnetic field that transfers currents directly to the cookware placed on the glass surface. The heat is created from within the cookware itself; as soon as you remove it from a burner, the heating stops. This way, you can cook your food without the cooktop getting as hot as it would on a traditional gas or electric cooktop. Any pots or pans with a flat bottom that a magnet sticks to will work with an induction cooktop. The latest models have ceramic-glass surfaces, which are durable and crack-resistant.

Why Americans are Making the Switch

Better for You, Better for the Environment
Because induction appliances only create heat through pots and pans on their surfaces, they are much more efficient than traditional cooktop appliances. Induction appliances are up to three times more efficient than gas stoves, and up to 10% more efficient than conventional smooth top electric ranges. This improved efficiency performance can result in lower energy costs as well as lower rates of air pollution associated with energy generation.

https://www.energy.gov/articles/making-switch-induction-stoves-or-cooktops
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 11:24:55 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Energy.gov Making the Switch to Induction Stoves or Cooktops
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2023, 11:28:42 am »
"While not yet available, President Biden’s Investing in America plan will soon allow many Americans that replace their gas or conventional electric cooktop with an induction cooktop will be eligible for rebates up to $840."

The bribe to buy induction stoves shows how desperately the administration is trying to push the idea.  I'm betting people who buy the stoves will never see the "rebate." **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2023, 07:58:49 pm »
Those who already use induction cooktops already love them.

I have a gas stove/range my mother lives in the local seizure world and has an electric conduction range which I detest, nothing cooks the same, nothing!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2023, 08:03:09 pm »
Those who already use induction cooktops already love them.

I have a gas stove/range my mother lives in the local seizure world and has an electric conduction range which I detest, nothing cooks the same, nothing!

Can't stand induction ranges.