Author Topic: New York to Track Residents’ Food Purchases and Place ‘Caps on Meat’ Served by Public Institutions  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
New York to Track Residents’ Food Purchases and Place ‘Caps on Meat’ Served by Public Institutions

New York City will begin tracking the carbon footprint of household food consumption and putting caps on how much red meat can be served in public institutions as part of a sweeping initiative to achieve a 33% reduction in carbon emissions from food by 2030.
Mayor Eric Adams and representatives from the Mayor’s Office of Food Policy and Mayor’s Office of Climate & Environmental Justice announced the new programs last month at a Brooklyn culinary center run by NYC Health + Hospitals, the city’s public healthcare system, just before Earth Day.

At the event, the Mayor’s Office of Climate & Environmental Justice shared a new chart to be included in the city’s annual greenhouse gas inventory that publicly tracks the carbon footprint created by household food consumption, the Gothamist reported.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/nyc-track-food-purchases-meat-cap-carbon-emissions/?utm_source=luminate&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=defender&utm_id=20230516
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And there it is...

Your social credit score, Kamerades.

9999hair out0000
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Well, all I can say is buy all the meat that you can now and stock up your freezer.  Dehydrated meats as well.

I wonder if they are going to come up with some kind of ID that limits your consumption and purchases.  Cash will work -- no credit cards, paypal, checks, etc.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 01:50:58 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

I wonder if they are going to come up with some kind of ID that limits your consumption and purchases.  Cash will work -- no credit cards, paypal, checks, etc.
Sure. It will be implanted in your hand or forehead, and scanned every time you visit the market.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sure. It will be implanted in your hand or forehead, and scanned every time you visit the market.  **nononono*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcYhV4KIuTw

Online roamer_1

Not once they get rid of the greenback and go to the electric dollar... Which is why they want the electric dollar.

This whole meat thing is totally nonsense. Research 'restorative farming' to get an idea just how important herd ungulates, and cattle/bison in particular are to the planet.

What has decimated the earth is decades of science - Monsanto-like sprays for fertilizer and pest control and mono-culture fields, that use up topsoil till there is nothing left. The 'big three' fertilizers give the illusion of health to plants, but the living topsoil is disappearing beneath it...

YES the farmers did it. But they did it because the ag industry and the government told them to. But over the years they have started to see otherwise.

What fixes it is multi-culture pastureland. And cows. That's what grows topsoil. That's what made the six feet or more of topsoil the great plains used to possess, that is now nearly gone. And that's what will put it back.

What comes out the back end of that cow is pure gold.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 04:13:06 pm by roamer_1 »

Online libertybele

The mark of the Beast.

Online GtHawk

Offline NavyCanDo

Something that seemed waaaaaaaay out in the future when Hal Lindsey wrote about it in his book "The Late Great Planet Earth" in 1971 I think it was.   Welll, the future is here.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online mountaineer

Something that seemed waaaaaaaay out in the future when Hal Lindsey wrote about it in his book "The Late Great Planet Earth" in 1971 I think it was.   Welll, the future is here.
There's a 4-book series of novels for young people called the "swipe series," by Evan Angler. They describe a time when no one can work, shop or do much of anything without the implanted chip. But a group of rebels reject the government mandates. I thought the books were outstanding.

Offline NavyCanDo

There's a 4-book series of novels for young people called the "swipe series," by Evan Angler. They describe a time when no one can work, shop or do much of anything without the implanted chip. But a group of rebels reject the government mandates. I thought the books were outstanding.

Was not a fan of the Left Behind books and even less of a fan of the cringe  worthy movies. Not the subject matter but just the  way they were written. I'll check out the Swipe Series.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online goatprairie

I've also read where Seattle established some sort of garbage police. They hired people to go around checking people's garbage to see if they were tossing out too much food.
Soon everybody will have to have a chip so the people in charge can know where everybody is at all times. All your movements, purchases, eating decisions, trash will be monitored to make sure you're not violating the new rules established by our leftist overlords. They will only be doing it for our own good, of course.  9999hair out0000

Online mountaineer

Was not a fan of the Left Behind books and even less of a fan of the cringe  worthy movies. Not the subject matter but just the  way they were written. I'll check out the Swipe Series.
I didn't read or see the Left Behind series. Swipe, although written for teen readers, was pretty well done, I thought.

Online GtHawk

Are they going to track residents that cross out of the city to buy their meat elsewhere? How about internet/mail order, are they going to require that all out of city vendors report to the state beef gestapo every residents order? And to the point will a City Beef Gestapo(the BG for short) be established to inspect all deliveries in the city to enforce the push to vegan? I think the one thing that may force someone over the edge to commit an act of violence against the mayor is to deny them their bacon!

Online mountaineer

And to the point will a City Beef Gestapo(the BG for short) be established to inspect all deliveries in the city to enforce the push to vegan? I think the one thing that may force someone over the edge to commit an act of violence against the mayor is to deny them their bacon!
This is what they get for electing a vegan mayor, I guess.  :pondering: