Author Topic: Disney Pulls Plug on $1 Billion Development in Florida  (Read 9900 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Disney Pulls Plug on $1 Billion Development in Florida
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2023, 11:49:39 pm »
one is surprised you can even spell the word "constitution" let alone read the words in which it's written.

Would you like to try again, maybe post a cogent thought expressed in English?

« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2023, 11:51:24 pm »
And getting worse and this is only the beginning of the campaign season.

DeSantis should be making his announcement this week; she'll go full Trumpian.

Bite me @libertybele

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #153 on: May 22, 2023, 12:39:46 am »
Already done multiple times, on this very thread.  Use your scroll buttons and catch up.

Obviously by your reply you have no valid answer.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #154 on: May 22, 2023, 02:04:22 am »
Bite me @libertybele

Still unable to identify a single part of the Constitution that has been violated.  And still lacking the integrity to concede it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #155 on: May 22, 2023, 02:11:47 am »
Still unable to identify a single part of the Constitution that has been violated.  And still lacking the integrity to concede it.

Ouch!  It's a funny thing how truth prevails.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #156 on: May 22, 2023, 02:55:45 am »
Reedy Creek (Disney) has been cutting some corners lately.  Keep in mind the daily population is anywhere from 100-300k. 

https://wdwnt.com/2023/05/reedy-creek-fire-department-approves-new-employment-contract-for-raises-more-staffing/

“We were having a major recruitment problem previously,” Shirey said. “So we’re very happy. Our daily firefighters staffing will go from a minimum of 32 firefighters to 44 by the end of this contract.” They’ll also eventually have four extra ambulances and a staffed ladder truck.

Shirey expressed gratitude toward the state takeover of the Reedy Creek Improvement District, stating “Ever since then, it’s been a completely different experience for us.”

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #157 on: May 22, 2023, 03:19:31 am »
It has nothing to do with Ronny's battle with Disney.  Reread what you posted @Sighlass :

It has everything to do with his battle... and I brought up something you just paraphrased and didn't bother to post the whole of because it didn't suit your argument.

FWIW, "honoring" and "embracing" are not the same as forcing behavior using the strong arm of the government.

I have an old Probate Judge book from my family (1900s) that included some local small town court cases... Spitting in public, cursing around women, drunken behavior, were some of the charges. So I disagree, morality in the US was based on a Christian background and backed up with laws. Thomas Jefferson wrote the 1786 Act for religious freedom in the Virginia...

Quote from: Jefferson
Well aware that Almighty God hath created the mind free, that all attempts to influence it by temporal punishments or burthens, or by civil incapacitations, tend only to beget habits of hypocrisy and meanness, and are a departure from the plan of the Holy Author of our religion, who, being Lord both of body and mind, yet chose not to propagate it by coercions on either, as was in his Almighty power to do...

The above contains four clear and unambiguous acknowledgments of God... Lets see... Holy Author of "OUR" religion"... Jefferson made several such references throughout his time... even up until his final State of the Union address...

Quote from: RiV
]Until the Constitution of the United States is repealed, we remain a Constitutional Republic based on the the rule of law, not the passions of zealots from any part of the political spectrum, including conservatives.  We are not a Christian Theocracy.  Try and understand the difference.

We are not to establish one religious sect over others. We are strongly founded as a Christian nation, try and understand the difference (<---to throw your snear back at you).

You are starting to sound like a leftist that cheers when schools don't allow Christian Valedicitorians to mention God. The founders honored God at most every chance. Giving way to the left using legislation against "hate" against everything they wanted glorified (homosexuality/abortion). How can government make a "Pride month" without also stepping on religious freedoms of normal people. The banner of "Civil Rights" made it where a person's own business could not discriminate due to religion or race... Was it reasonable to to say the government shall be the conscience of the individual? Does that accord with principles of freedom of religion? Does the right to practice a religion include the right to believe that a religion confers character benefits upon those that embrace it?

Jefferson once talked about how proud he was that the local county court house offered it's doors to four religious sects (one weekend per month) to use.

Me thinks you read too much ACLU.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 03:34:46 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

« Reply #158 on: May 22, 2023, 04:03:31 am »
Truth hurts a little bit?

No @libertybele   But it is sad to witness the personal lowlife you've become.

« Reply #159 on: May 22, 2023, 04:06:04 am »
Obviously by your reply you have no valid answer.

Keep scrolling @libertybele  ---- You missed it

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2023, 04:06:32 am »

Still unable to identify a single part of the Constitution that has been violated.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2023, 04:07:41 am »
And still lacking the integrity to concede it.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2023, 05:07:43 am »
I have an old Probate Judge book from my family (1900s) that included some local small town court cases... Spitting in public, cursing around women, drunken behavior, were some of the charges. So I disagree, morality in the US was based on a Christian background and backed up with laws

I never said otherwise @Sighlass  But, there is a world of difference between breaking a law and breaking a religious code of ethics  pointing-down as was claimed: 

That's right - But beyond that, Disney is practicing (with impunity, favor) violations of the Judeo-Christian Ethic.

We are not to establish one religious sect over others. We are strongly founded as a Christian nation, try and understand the difference

The Founders also went out of their way to make sure every American generation following theirs would understand the United States is a nation founded on the rule of law, not men-- and the rule of law is defined in the Constitution of the United States, not any religious document.

You are starting to sound like a leftist that cheers when schools don't allow Christian Valedicitorians to mention God.

Why on Earth would I do that? 

« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 05:14:33 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2023, 05:13:04 am »

I posted reports on the lawsuit with a caution the Supremes ruled corporations have First Amendment protections.....a 5-4 decisions carried by Roberts, Alito, Scalia, Thomas and Kennedy.

The claim made by the Disney Corporation in their suit (which I pointed out at least half a dozen times) is that the actions taken by DeSantis and his administration are retaliation for their objection to Ron's "Don't Say Gay" bill --- which, they claim, is a violation of their First Amendment rights and protections.

Disney cited chapter and verse the actions taken, Ron's admission in his book what motivated the actions and the very public actions Ron threatened to take in the future, including building a high security prison next to the Disney theme park.

All I've done is report.  So, don't shoot the messenger, bro.  :shrug:

« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2023, 05:37:56 am »
Ouch!  It's a funny thing how truth prevails.

@libertybele

I posted reports on the lawsuit with a caution the Supremes ruled corporations have First Amendment protections.....a 5-4 decisions carried by Roberts, Alito, Scalia, Thomas and Kennedy.

The claim made by the Disney Corporation in their suit (which I pointed out at least half a dozen times) is that the actions taken by DeSantis and his administration are retaliation for their objection to Ron's "Don't Say Gay" bill --- which, they claim, is a violation of their First Amendment rights and protections.

Disney cited chapter and verse the actions taken, Ron's admission in his book what motivated the actions and the very public actions Ron threatened to take in the future, including building a high security prison next to the Disney theme park.

All I've done is report.  So, don't shoot the messenger, bro.  :shrug:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #165 on: May 22, 2023, 08:22:37 am »
I never said otherwise @Sighlass  But, there is a world of difference between breaking a law and breaking a religious code of ethics  pointing-down as was claimed: 

So a state should not act ethically? And in *not* taking action, and acting ethically, isn't that state standing on a different ethic, endorsing, at least by implication, the very ethic espoused by Disney? An ethic that extends to child grooming for the weirdos, and all but endorsing pedophilia?

Since it is not a matter of law, it is not a matter of punishment or coercion... The problem with good ol boy participation is that the blessings bestowed are unearned, and depend upon continuing to be a good ol boy. That is an ethical position and not a matter of law. Had the law been enforced equally, then the special  privilege would not have existed for all these decades.

The Founders also went out of their way to make sure every American generation following theirs would understand the United States is a nation founded on the rule of law, not men-- and the rule of law is defined in the Constitution of the United States, not any religious document.

You've really never read our founding documents, have you?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #166 on: May 22, 2023, 11:47:56 am »
So, apparently, the Constitution is a convenient way to immunize one's self from government regulation - do or say one thing that some top government official does not like, and - as per RiV - suddenly, anything the government might do that affects you is an unconstitutional attack on your right to freedom of speech.

How very convenient, and how essentially liberal - but then, we knew all along that Trump was essentially liberal, and his cultists are now proving that contention out.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #167 on: May 22, 2023, 03:52:20 pm »

Don't call fellow Briefers names like that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #168 on: May 22, 2023, 05:53:36 pm »
Don't call fellow Briefers names like that.

That's right.  Not to mention the damnable lie of it.  **nononono* :nono:

« Reply #169 on: May 22, 2023, 06:21:03 pm »
So a state should not act ethically? And in *not* taking action, and acting ethically, isn't that state standing on a different ethic, endorsing, at least by implication, the very ethic espoused by Disney? An ethic that extends to child grooming for the weirdos, and all but endorsing pedophilia?

Since it is not a matter of law, it is not a matter of punishment or coercion... The problem with good ol boy participation is that the blessings bestowed are unearned, and depend upon continuing to be a good ol boy. That is an ethical position and not a matter of law. Had the law been enforced equally, then the special  privilege would not have existed for all these decades.

Complete  :bs: Rabbi.

« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2023, 06:26:14 pm »
So, apparently, the Constitution is a convenient way to immunize one's self from government regulation - do or say one thing that some top government official does not like, and - as per RiV - suddenly, anything the government might do that affects you is an unconstitutional attack on your right to freedom of speech.

It's not "as per RiV" @Kamaji   The charge is brought by Disney Corporation.  Now settle down like a good little boy and let the courts handle it.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2023, 06:26:55 pm »

With that said, I'll do us both a favor and put you on ignore.  You p'md me awhile ago and you told me you were going to put me on ignore so I suggest you do so.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #172 on: May 22, 2023, 06:32:56 pm »
It's not "as per RiV" @Kamaji   The charge is brought by Disney Corporation.  Now settle down like a good little boy and let the courts handle it.

:mauslaff:

Wow.  The condescension from you is in direct proportion to the degree to which you're a liar.  I'll give you this much:  you're as great a failure as your cult-leader, Trump is.

« Reply #173 on: May 22, 2023, 06:43:45 pm »

:mauslaff:

Wow.  The condescension from you is in direct proportion to the degree to which you're a liar.  I'll give you this much:  you're as great a failure as your cult-leader, Trump is.

Is this an appropriate way for me to be spoken to @Cyber Liberty ?

« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 06:47:33 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #174 on: May 22, 2023, 06:49:45 pm »
I posted reports on the lawsuit with a caution the Supremes ruled corporations have First Amendment protections.....a 5-4 decisions carried by Roberts, Alito, Scalia, Thomas and Kennedy.  .  .  .

↑  ↑  ↑  ↑
This is you regurgitating baseless left-wing talking points of a civil petition against the State of Florida that have zero relevance to the case cited.

And this is YOU offering the same argument as your own, completely independent of the left-wing talking points above:
  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓

This sure appears to be quintessential government retaliation in contradiction to First Amendment rights.

And again:
  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓

The state's retaliation in response to a corporation's First Amendment rights is a no-no.  :nono:

Desantis better pray you're not subpoenaed.  88devil

And again:
  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓

So trampling the First Amendment is okay if it's done with conservative boots?

Seeing how the Citizens United case brought up by your left-wing source has absolutely positively NOTHING to do with the State of Florida's actions, I ask, based on YOUR OWN CLAIM, how is it exactly that the First Amendment was violated here?  This ain't rocket surgery.  Here it is again for you:

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

So what part did DeSantis violate?  Make your case.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-