Author Topic: Disney Pulls Plug on $1 Billion Development in Florida  (Read 9788 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Disney Pulls Plug on $1 Billion Development in Florida
« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2023, 03:37:30 pm »

Here's Amendment I again for reference.  I'm making it easy for you:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2023, 04:11:12 pm »
@Cyber Liberty   I am defending the rule of law and the Constitution of the United States --  And you know that.

I also know that any club will do when trashing DeSantis.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2023, 04:16:01 pm »
I also know that any club will do when trashing DeSantis.

So, should I assume you're perfectly fine with further weakening the Constitution ----- if it helps DeSantis @Cyber Liberty

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2023, 04:23:06 pm »
Nowhere in this thread or the previous thread have you cited a single word of the Constitution.  Either you can make your case or you cannot.  And so far, it is clear that you cannot.  Yet here you are again piling lie on top of lie.  Do you know what that makes you?

I wasn't talking about Trump.  I was talking about you.  And you accepted it as fact and repeated it on this forum.  But you know this.  Also, you were asked repeatedly to point out how Amendment I had been violated.  And each and every time, you remained silent.  But you know that, too.

I posted reports on the lawsuit with a caution the Supremes ruled corporations have First Amendment protections.....a 5-4 decisions carried by Roberts, Alito, Scalia, Thomas and Kennedy.

The claim made by the Disney Corporation in their suit (which I pointed out at least half a dozen times) is that the actions taken by DeSantis and his administration are retaliation for their objection to Ron's "Don't Say Gay" bill --- which, they claim, is a violation of their First Amendment rights and protections.

Disney cited chapter and verse the actions taken, Ron's admission in his book what motivated the actions and the very public actions Ron threatened to take in the future, including building a high security prison next to the Disney theme park.

All I've done is report.  So, don't shoot the messenger, bro.  :shrug:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2023, 04:27:42 pm »
So, should I assume you're perfectly fine with further weakening the Constitution ----- if it helps DeSantis @Cyber Liberty

Its been pointed out to you countless times DeSantis did not break (or bend) the Constitution.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2023, 04:34:50 pm »
State law/action does not trump the guaranteed rights and protections in the US Constitution.

No rights were violated.

Remembering the United States is a nation founded on the rule of law, not men (and is not a Theocracy) ----- Tell us what law Disney has broken.

Quit trying to bend what I said. I very specifically said the matter was about ethics, not religion. The Judeo-Christian Ethic specifically, which is our collective sense of right and wrong. And that Ethic is what stands behind every law.

Who said any law was broken? Who said it was necessary? Had law been broken there would have been arrests, and things would have gone a different direction.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2023, 04:39:04 pm »
@Cyber Liberty   I am defending the rule of law and the Constitution of the United States --  And you know that.

No, you're not.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2023, 04:40:34 pm »
Its been pointed out to you countless times DeSantis did not break (or bend) the Constitution.

The usual suspects have knee jerked that opinion to me...but that's to be expected @Cyber Liberty  --

Win, lose or draw in court, Ronny made a self-inflicted strategic blunder ____ and it's going to splash all over the entire Republican party and every Republican candidate.

I posted reports on the lawsuit with a caution the Supremes ruled corporations have First Amendment protections.....a 5-4 decisions carried by Roberts, Alito, Scalia, Thomas and Kennedy.

The claim made by the Disney Corporation in their suit (which I pointed out at least half a dozen times) is that the actions taken by DeSantis and his administration are retaliation for their objection to Ron's "Don't Say Gay" bill --- which, they claim, is a violation of their First Amendment rights and protections.

Disney cited chapter and verse the actions taken, Ron's admission in his book what motivated the actions and the very public actions Ron threatened to take in the future, including building a high security prison next to the Disney theme park.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 04:41:24 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2023, 04:47:26 pm »
No, you're not.

Discussing this issue with you, I've become more acquainted with your Constitutional acumen.     Stop digging.   :seeya:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2023, 04:50:38 pm »
No rights were violated.

That's not up to you, or me, or Ronny.  It's now up to the courts.   :shrug:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2023, 04:52:46 pm »
Discussing this issue with you, I've become more acquainted with your Constitutional acumen.     Stop digging.   :seeya:

:laugh: 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2023, 06:26:52 pm »

So now you pile dishonesty on top of dishonesty?  Here was my response to that week-old post:

In the preceding post, you will find three of your posts that directly contradict your 'I'm only the messenger' schtick.  But then you knew that already.  So option two is the only plausible explanation.  Continue to play dumb about it, showing everyone here that you intentionally posted something that you knew not to be true in order to deceive other posters here.

You aren't a messenger.  You are actively pushing a claim that DeSantis violated the Constitution.  And you continue to do so knowing full well that you can't cite a single passage in the Constitution that is being violated.  In simpler words, you are intentionally pushing a false narrative - one you know not to be true - and you continue to do so again and again even when called on it.  It is the very definition of 'lying'.  It is what liars do.

So I will give you a sixth opportunity to come clean.  Either show how and where the Constitution was violated, or admit that you are full of it and that DeSantis did not do what you have falsely accused him of doing repeatedly.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2023, 06:29:00 pm »
The usual suspects have knee jerked that opinion to me...but that's to be expected @Cyber Liberty  --

Win, lose or draw in court, Ronny made a self-inflicted strategic blunder ____

What was the blunder?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2023, 06:34:15 pm »
DeSantis seeks to disqualify judge in Disney case

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/desantis-seeks-to-disqualify-judge-in-disney-case/ar-AA1bqfyo

DeSantis requesting a judge that is fair and impartial?  Oh the horror!!!

Gotta love that.  A Republican who is willing to fight.  If only Trump had taken that same initiative when dealing with rogue Justice Department employees.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2023, 07:10:54 pm »

No, you aren't. 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2023, 09:04:04 pm »

The derangement syndrome is strong in that one. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2023, 09:12:32 pm »

As always, resorting to worthless ad hominem... 
Kinda means you're out of bullets...  :shrug::whistle:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2023, 09:20:56 pm »
The derangement syndrome is strong in that one.

And getting worse and this is only the beginning of the campaign season.

DeSantis should be making his announcement this week; she'll go full Trumpian.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2023, 09:40:41 pm »
And getting worse and this is only the beginning of the campaign season.

DeSantis should be making his announcement this week; she'll go full Trumpian.

She could go full orange retard.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2023, 09:51:47 pm »
She could go full orange retard.

Time to take off the orange colored glasses and start looking at reality.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2023, 09:58:47 pm »
Time to take off the orange colored glasses and start looking at reality.

Trump Leghumping is like Brokeback Mountaining. They don't know how to quit the orange.  It's almost like a gay thing.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2023, 10:14:49 pm »

:mauslaff:

Coming from you, that's rich.  At this point, one is surprised you can even spell the word "constitution" let alone read the words in which it's written.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #148 on: May 21, 2023, 11:00:35 pm »
I thought Donald “allowed for” the termination of the constitution back in December.  She must be citing the new & improved first amendment, as edited by Donald with his sharpie (undoubtedly the same one used to perfect the National Hurricane Center weather map).
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 11:02:36 pm by cato potatoe »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #149 on: May 21, 2023, 11:43:50 pm »
Trump Leghumping is like Brokeback Mountaining. They don't know how to quit the orange.  It's almost like a gay thing.

You would know.  :shrug: