Author Topic: Report: Bidenflation Forces Shoppers to Buy Groceries at Walmart  (Read 636 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Bidenflation Forces Shoppers to Buy Groceries at Walmart

Amy Furr 18 May 2023

Americans are reportedly buying groceries at Walmart and opting out of nonessentials at other stores as inflation troubles President Joe Biden’s (D) economy.

Walmart experienced strong sales last quarter, according to a recent CNN Business report:

The company said Thursday that sales at stores open for at least one year increased 7.4% during its latest quarter compared with the same stretch last year. Its operating income increased 17.3% last quarter.

Walmart (WMT) raised its sales forecast for its next quarter and the full-year, sending its stock up 1.5% during pre-market trading.

During a recent conference call, Walmart CEO Doug McMillon expressed an optimistic outlook on the situation.

“It’s a great time to be a merchant. We continue to gain market share in the grocery category, including with higher income and younger shoppers, and we saw good growth in membership income in both businesses,” he stated, per Yahoo! Finance.

Nearly half of Walmart’s sales come from its groceries and non-discretionary items. In the last quarter, grocery sales grew by low double digits, the CNN report said.

Now, wealthier families are reportedly shopping there on a more regular basis. The outlet also said other consumers are “trading down into Walmart’s cheaper private-label food brands to save money.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2023/05/18/report-bidenflation-forces-shoppers-buy-groceries-walmart/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Report: Bidenflation Forces Shoppers to Buy Groceries at Walmart
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 06:13:10 pm »
I've been buying my canned goods and other essential (ketchup, mustard mayo) items at either Target or Walmart.  Much cheaper than the local grocery store; their prices are just ridiculous.

I buy my meat and fresh produce at Farmer Joe's along with some organic canned goods. 

They are close together so it's pretty convenient. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 06:28:49 pm »
I've been buying my canned goods and other essential (ketchup, mustard mayo) items at either Target or Walmart.  Much cheaper than the local grocery store; their prices are just ridiculous.

I buy my meat and fresh produce at Farmer Joe's along with some organic canned goods. 

They are close together so it's pretty convenient.

Same here...I buy all my non essentials at Walmart...fruit, veggies and meat at Krogers....sometimes I go to Aldis for butter, milk and baking supplies...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2023, 07:02:29 pm »
We have a SmallMart* close  But it is impossible to shop their because of the Tourons. It takes forever to check out.  So I drive a little further to the Winn-Dixie and then pick up sundry's at one of the 5 Dollar Generals that are stratigicly placed evey mile in either direction from my house.

*A SmallMart is really small foot print WalMart.  Generally half the size of your normal WallyWorld store.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 10:31:13 pm »
Around here, the Walmart prices on many items are not much better than Kroger (which is way more convenient). Overall, though, Aldi has both beat on most essentials.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline berdie

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2023, 10:36:18 pm »
Around here, the Walmart prices on many items are not much better than Kroger (which is way more convenient). Overall, though, Aldi has both beat on most essentials.

Same here. Our local grocery store has prices comparable to Wally World which is 30 miles away. If I shop the sales, they are actually cheaper.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2023, 10:53:26 pm »
So far we still shop at Market Basket...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2023, 11:13:53 pm »

YEP. Here Kroger's (read Smith's) is almost always cheaper. Used to hold off and get paper products and cleaning supplies from the Wally World when I went up there for Purina in a forty pound bag, but even before Chewy died, I started buying Purina in 2 20's for about the same money from Smith's, and so I tend to get cleaning supplies there too now.

Wally's still has the best cost on paper, so I still get in there from time to time. But I am a guy alone, so a case of toilet paper or paper towels lasts me a long, long time.

I don't think I have set foot in Wally World in at least a year.
Ain't going to Costco much either these days. Still getting burger there when I need it... And the big loaves of Orowheat buttermilk bread (pretty low salt) But not much else.

Even Albertson's and Rosaurs... Smith's (read Kroger's) is just hard to beat.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2023, 12:00:23 am »
What amazing is how little groceries $400 buys. Specially with my wife not being able to eat gluten or dairy.